Shana Goldberg-Meehan and JoAnna Garcia are returning to ABC. In a very competitive situation, the network has landed a comedy from Better With You creator/executive producer Goldberg-Meehan that is toplined by Garcia, that series’ star. The multi-camera project, about a woman (Garcia) who moves in with her husband’s family, has received a pilot production commitment. The pitch hit the marketplace yesterday and sparked a bidding war after landing offers from ABC, NBC and CBS. Warner Bros TV, where Goldberg-Meehan has been based since her days on Friends, is producing. Goldberg-Meehan most recently created and executive produced the multi-camera ABC comedy series Better With You, starring Garcia and Jennifer Finnigan, which ran for one season. This marks the fourth consecutive series project at Warner Bros TV for Garcia following Privileged, Better With You and Gossip Girl, on which she did an arc. Goldberg-Meehan and Garcia are with WME.
Shana Goldberg/JoAnna Garcia Comedy Lands At ABC With Production Commitment
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest TV News
- Filming On TNT Unscripted Series ‘Who Rules The World’ Suspended As Producers Sever Ties With Morgan Spurlock
- Liz Mahoney, Megan Moss Pachon, Bryna Rifkin & Heidi Lopata Form New PR Shingle Narrative
- ‘Watergate’ Limited Series From George Clooney & Matt Charman In Works At Netflix
- Beware: How Global One Management's Questionable Practices Entangled Politicians, Child Actors And The Homeless
- Margot Robbie’s LuckyChap Banner Inks First-Look Deal With Warner Bros. TV, Sets Female Wall Street Drama At NBC
- AT&T, Justice Department Settlement Talks Over Time Warner Deal Fail