Shana Goldberg-Meehan and JoAnna Garcia are returning to ABC. In a very competitive situation, the network has landed a comedy from Better With You creator/executive producer Goldberg-Meehan that is toplined by Garcia, that series’ star. The multi-camera project, about a woman (Garcia) who moves in with her husband’s family, has received a pilot production commitment. The pitch hit the marketplace yesterday and sparked a bidding war after landing offers from ABC, NBC and CBS. Warner Bros TV, where Goldberg-Meehan has been based since her days on Friends, is producing. Goldberg-Meehan most recently created and executive produced the multi-camera ABC comedy series Better With You, starring Garcia and Jennifer Finnigan, which ran for one season. This marks the fourth consecutive series project at Warner Bros TV for Garcia following Privileged, Better With You and Gossip Girl, on which she did an arc. Goldberg-Meehan and Garcia are with WME.
Shana Goldberg/JoAnna Garcia Comedy Lands At ABC With Production Commitment
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate
- The Lucas Brothers To Topline & Co-Write Autobiographical Comedy For Fox
- Daniel Wu To Star In AMC Martial Arts Drama Series 'Badlands'
- Hacker Drama 'Mr. Robot' Picked Up To Series By USA
- 'People Magazine Awards' Sluggish In Debut, 'Big Bang' Tops Slow Thursday
- David Fincher Shepherding HBO Comedy About 1980s Music Video Industry