Shana Goldberg-Meehan and JoAnna Garcia are returning to ABC. In a very competitive situation, the network has landed a comedy from Better With You creator/executive producer Goldberg-Meehan that is toplined by Garcia, that series’ star. The multi-camera project, about a woman (Garcia) who moves in with her husband’s family, has received a pilot production commitment. The pitch hit the marketplace yesterday and sparked a bidding war after landing offers from ABC, NBC and CBS. Warner Bros TV, where Goldberg-Meehan has been based since her days on Friends, is producing. Goldberg-Meehan most recently created and executive produced the multi-camera ABC comedy series Better With You, starring Garcia and Jennifer Finnigan, which ran for one season. This marks the fourth consecutive series project at Warner Bros TV for Garcia following Privileged, Better With You and Gossip Girl, on which she did an arc. Goldberg-Meehan and Garcia are with WME.
Shana Goldberg/JoAnna Garcia Comedy Lands At ABC With Production Commitment
What's Hot on Deadline
Global Scam Ravaging Hollywood: Silver-Tongued Imposter Poses As Top Female Producers To Catfish Victims
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- Grieving Florida Students, Parents Savage Senator Marco Rubio At CNN Town Hall On Gun Violence
- ‘The Domestics’ Special Effects Coordinator Says He Shares Blame in “Wigging” Incident
- ‘The Village’: Grace Van Dien To Star In NBC Drama Pilot
- ‘High Maintenance’ & ‘Crashing’ Renewed For Season 3 By HBO
- ‘Seven Seconds’ Review: ‘Killing’ Creator’s New Drama Needs Less Time, Not More
- Fox News Channel’s Mark Levin Sunday Show Gets Premiere Date