Shana Goldberg-Meehan and JoAnna Garcia are returning to ABC. In a very competitive situation, the network has landed a comedy from Better With You creator/executive producer Goldberg-Meehan that is toplined by Garcia, that series’ star. The multi-camera project, about a woman (Garcia) who moves in with her husband’s family, has received a pilot production commitment. The pitch hit the marketplace yesterday and sparked a bidding war after landing offers from ABC, NBC and CBS. Warner Bros TV, where Goldberg-Meehan has been based since her days on Friends, is producing. Goldberg-Meehan most recently created and executive produced the multi-camera ABC comedy series Better With You, starring Garcia and Jennifer Finnigan, which ran for one season. This marks the fourth consecutive series project at Warner Bros TV for Garcia following Privileged, Better With You and Gossip Girl, on which she did an arc. Goldberg-Meehan and Garcia are with WME.
Shana Goldberg/JoAnna Garcia Comedy Lands At ABC With Production Commitment
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Lochte Teammate James Feigen Apologizes, Details Rio Gas Station Gaffe & Brazilian Authorities' Big Fine Demands
Oscars: Saudi Arabia Enters 'Barakah Meets Barakah' In Foreign Language Race; Kingdom's Second Submission Ever
Vice's Shane Smith To Big Media: "Open Sh*t Up" Or Alienate A Generation; Predicts M&A Frenzy; Talks Disney - Edinburgh
Latest TV News
- Viceland Taps Marc Liepis As VP Communications
- ‘Nashville’: Connie Britton No Longer Regular; Will She Leave Country Drama?
- ‘Battlefield’-Inspired Live-Action Digital Series To Premiere On Go90
- Aisha Hinds To Star As Harriet Tubman In ‘Underground’ Season 2
- Michael Phelps Dives Into ‘America’s Got Talent’ Co-Hosting Gig Tonight
- BBC America To Air ‘Star Trek’ Marathon In Runup To ‘Dirk Gently’ Premiere