Josh Holloway (Lost), Laz Alonso (Avatar), Josh Peck (The Wackness), Caity Lotz (Stomp The Yard) and singer Chris Brown are starring in Benson Lee’s Planet B-Boy, a feature based on Lee’s 2007 documentary about the resurgence of breakdancing crews around the world. Brin Hill and Chris Parker wrote the script for the Screen Gems feature, which Beau Flynn, Tripp Vinson and Amy Lo are producing. Shooting started today in Los Angeles and will move on to Montpellier, France. The feature centers on an all-star American “b-boy” crew training to compete in France at the Battle of the Year International Championships, where they must face the best and greatest b-boys in the world: the Koreans, the Russians and the French, who have dominated the original American dance form for the past decade.
Screen Gems Sets Cast For 'Planet B-Boy'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
'Hamilton' & 'Shuffle Along' Lead Historic Tony Nominations Derby As 'American Psycho', 'Tuck Everlasting' Disappoint
Latest Film News
- Miles Teller Boxing Pic ‘Bleed For This’ Set For November Bow
- Foresight Adds Talia Goldman As Director Of Operations & Distribution – Cannes
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat ‘Ultron’s $191M+ Debut – Box…
- Maddie Hasson & Cameron Monaghan Join Stephenie Meyer’s ‘Anna Dressed In Blood’ – Cannes
- Disney Swingin’ As ‘The Jungle Book’ Beats $700M Global; ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Rises To…
- Jack Huston & Emilia Clarke To Star In Phillip Noyce’s ‘Above Suspicion’ – Cannes