Josh Holloway (Lost), Laz Alonso (Avatar), Josh Peck (The Wackness), Caity Lotz (Stomp The Yard) and singer Chris Brown are starring in Benson Lee’s Planet B-Boy, a feature based on Lee’s 2007 documentary about the resurgence of breakdancing crews around the world. Brin Hill and Chris Parker wrote the script for the Screen Gems feature, which Beau Flynn, Tripp Vinson and Amy Lo are producing. Shooting started today in Los Angeles and will move on to Montpellier, France. The feature centers on an all-star American “b-boy” crew training to compete in France at the Battle of the Year International Championships, where they must face the best and greatest b-boys in the world: the Koreans, the Russians and the French, who have dominated the original American dance form for the past decade.
Screen Gems Sets Cast For 'Planet B-Boy'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale & Aftershow: "A.D." Mystery Solved; Cast Would Say Yes To Reunion - Update
'This Is Us': Alexandra Breckenridge, & Jon Huertas Upped To Series Regulars For Season 2 Of NBC Drama
Latest Film News
- Primary Wave Adds Trio To Management Ranks
- Joel Zadak Makes Partner At Principato-Young Entertainment
- ‘Jumanji’ Trailer: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, Jack Black Go Avatar In New Clip
- ‘Breathe’ Trailer: Andy Serkis-Helmed Pic Starring Andrew Garfield & Claire Foy To Open London Film Festival
- SAG-AFTRA Members Tout “Solidarity” After Informational Meeting
- CAA Signs Oscar- & Emmy-Winning Writer-Director Aaron Sorkin