Josh Holloway (Lost), Laz Alonso (Avatar), Josh Peck (The Wackness), Caity Lotz (Stomp The Yard) and singer Chris Brown are starring in Benson Lee’s Planet B-Boy, a feature based on Lee’s 2007 documentary about the resurgence of breakdancing crews around the world. Brin Hill and Chris Parker wrote the script for the Screen Gems feature, which Beau Flynn, Tripp Vinson and Amy Lo are producing. Shooting started today in Los Angeles and will move on to Montpellier, France. The feature centers on an all-star American “b-boy” crew training to compete in France at the Battle of the Year International Championships, where they must face the best and greatest b-boys in the world: the Koreans, the Russians and the French, who have dominated the original American dance form for the past decade.
Screen Gems Sets Cast For 'Planet B-Boy'
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Lochte Teammate James Feigen Apologizes, Details Rio Gas Station Gaffe & Brazilian Authorities' Big Fine Demands
Oscars: Saudi Arabia Enters 'Barakah Meets Barakah' In Foreign Language Race; Kingdom's Second Submission Ever
Latest Film News
- ‘Rings’ Trailer: Samara Returns In The Digital Era
- Doug Liman Will Direct DC Title ‘Justice League Dark’ For Warner Bros
- ‘Manchester By The Sea’ Trailer: First Look At Kenneth Lonergan’s Family Drama Starring Casey Affleck
- Colin Ford, Ellie Bamber, Timothy Simons Lead ‘Extracurricular Activities’
- Nate Parker Won’t Face Public Press Grilling As ‘Birth Of A Nation’ Screens At Toronto
- Carrie Fisher, Debbie Reynolds & Errol Morris Highlight New York Film Festival Documentary Lineup