Josh Holloway (Lost), Laz Alonso (Avatar), Josh Peck (The Wackness), Caity Lotz (Stomp The Yard) and singer Chris Brown are starring in Benson Lee’s Planet B-Boy, a feature based on Lee’s 2007 documentary about the resurgence of breakdancing crews around the world. Brin Hill and Chris Parker wrote the script for the Screen Gems feature, which Beau Flynn, Tripp Vinson and Amy Lo are producing. Shooting started today in Los Angeles and will move on to Montpellier, France. The feature centers on an all-star American “b-boy” crew training to compete in France at the Battle of the Year International Championships, where they must face the best and greatest b-boys in the world: the Koreans, the Russians and the French, who have dominated the original American dance form for the past decade.
Screen Gems Sets Cast For 'Planet B-Boy'
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest Film News
- Johnny Depp As Jack Sparrow Makes Surprise Appearance At Pirates Of the Caribbean Disneyland Ride
- California Bill To Boost Funding For Hollywood Job Training Passes Committee
- Studios & WGA Can’t Even Agree On Lost Revenues From Last Strike
- ‘Psychopaths’ Helmer Mickey Keating On His Altman-esque Approach To Horror — Tribeca Studio
- Tom Hanks, Jodie Foster, David Byrne, Meryl Streep Remember Jonathan Demme
- Nicolas Cage Breaks Ankle On Movie Set In Bulgaria