Josh Holloway (Lost), Laz Alonso (Avatar), Josh Peck (The Wackness), Caity Lotz (Stomp The Yard) and singer Chris Brown are starring in Benson Lee’s Planet B-Boy, a feature based on Lee’s 2007 documentary about the resurgence of breakdancing crews around the world. Brin Hill and Chris Parker wrote the script for the Screen Gems feature, which Beau Flynn, Tripp Vinson and Amy Lo are producing. Shooting started today in Los Angeles and will move on to Montpellier, France. The feature centers on an all-star American “b-boy” crew training to compete in France at the Battle of the Year International Championships, where they must face the best and greatest b-boys in the world: the Koreans, the Russians and the French, who have dominated the original American dance form for the past decade.
Screen Gems Sets Cast For 'Planet B-Boy'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- How ‘Jonathan’ Caught Ansel Elgort’s Attention – Tribeca Studio
- Sony Pictures Makes Deal With Halsey For Movie Inspired By Singer’s Life
- Dennis Haysbert Joins Faith-Based ‘Breakthrough’ At Fox 2000
- ReachMe TV Seals Deal To Add Tribeca Film Festival Short Films
- Guy Pearce Stars & Imperative’s Dan Friedkin Directs ‘Lyrebird’, About Art Forger Whose Paintings…
- Cher Caps Off Universal Session With An ABBA Performance – CinemaCon