Josh Holloway (Lost), Laz Alonso (Avatar), Josh Peck (The Wackness), Caity Lotz (Stomp The Yard) and singer Chris Brown are starring in Benson Lee’s Planet B-Boy, a feature based on Lee’s 2007 documentary about the resurgence of breakdancing crews around the world. Brin Hill and Chris Parker wrote the script for the Screen Gems feature, which Beau Flynn, Tripp Vinson and Amy Lo are producing. Shooting started today in Los Angeles and will move on to Montpellier, France. The feature centers on an all-star American “b-boy” crew training to compete in France at the Battle of the Year International Championships, where they must face the best and greatest b-boys in the world: the Koreans, the Russians and the French, who have dominated the original American dance form for the past decade.
Screen Gems Sets Cast For 'Planet B-Boy'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Peter Thiel-Backed Legal Startup Offers $100,000 To Women With Weinstein Claims
- Harvey Weinstein Resigns From TWC Board As Termination Ratified In Meeting
- ‘Almost Friends’ Acquired By Gravitas Ventures; Grasshopper Picks Up Iranian Drama ‘Ava’
- ‘Upgraded’: Ale Damiani To Helm Fox International Productions’ Latino Comedy
- MSM Nabs 'The Needle And The Damage Done’ About Nation’s Opiod Epidemic
- Brad Pankosky, Allison Schwartz Promoted to Agents At Paradigm