Josh Holloway (Lost), Laz Alonso (Avatar), Josh Peck (The Wackness), Caity Lotz (Stomp The Yard) and singer Chris Brown are starring in Benson Lee’s Planet B-Boy, a feature based on Lee’s 2007 documentary about the resurgence of breakdancing crews around the world. Brin Hill and Chris Parker wrote the script for the Screen Gems feature, which Beau Flynn, Tripp Vinson and Amy Lo are producing. Shooting started today in Los Angeles and will move on to Montpellier, France. The feature centers on an all-star American “b-boy” crew training to compete in France at the Battle of the Year International Championships, where they must face the best and greatest b-boys in the world: the Koreans, the Russians and the French, who have dominated the original American dance form for the past decade.
Screen Gems Sets Cast For 'Planet B-Boy'
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
'A Dog's Purpose' Producer "Horrified" Seeing Video Of Dog Almost Drowning On Set; PETA Calls For Boycott Of Film
At Pre-Inaugural Concert, Donald Trump Promises "We Will Turn It Around"; His Nemesis Wayne Barrett Has Died
'A Dog's Purpose' Director Lasse Hallstrom & Voice Actor Josh Gad Upset Over "Disturbing" Video Of Terrified Dog
Paramount Gets China Infusion: $1 Billion, 3-Year Slate Co-Financing Deal With Shanghai Film Group & Huahua Media
Latest Film News
- Jim G In Play: Legendary, Sony, Warner Bros.?
- Al Gore Stays Mute On Donald Trump At ‘Inconvenient Sequel’ Sundance Screening
- ‘A Dog’s Purpose’ Weekend Premiere And Press Junket Cancelled Amid Video Controversy
- ‘American Paradise’ Trailer: Sundance Short Is Crime Caper Preview Of Trump’s America
- ‘A Dog’s Purpose’ Trailer Voice-Over Talent Anthony Mendez Joins Protest, Donates All Pay to ASPCA
- ‘Fun Mom Dinner’ Racks Up Near $5M In WW Deals As Momentum & Netflix Buy Sundance Film