Josh Holloway (Lost), Laz Alonso (Avatar), Josh Peck (The Wackness), Caity Lotz (Stomp The Yard) and singer Chris Brown are starring in Benson Lee’s Planet B-Boy, a feature based on Lee’s 2007 documentary about the resurgence of breakdancing crews around the world. Brin Hill and Chris Parker wrote the script for the Screen Gems feature, which Beau Flynn, Tripp Vinson and Amy Lo are producing. Shooting started today in Los Angeles and will move on to Montpellier, France. The feature centers on an all-star American “b-boy” crew training to compete in France at the Battle of the Year International Championships, where they must face the best and greatest b-boys in the world: the Koreans, the Russians and the French, who have dominated the original American dance form for the past decade.
Screen Gems Sets Cast For 'Planet B-Boy'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
'Triple Frontier' Finally Going: Affleck, Isaac, Pascal, Hunnam, Hedlund, Arjona In JC Chandor's Lineup
'SNL' Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By "Canada's Harvey Weinstein," Trots Out Impressions In 'Jurassic Park' Auditions
Latest Film News
- Tribeca Film Festival Announces ‘Schindler’s List’, ‘Scarface’ Reunions & Anniversary Screenings, Unveils Tribeca…
- Former DMG Exec Chris Fenton In Talks For Big Saudi Arabia Film Job
- Charlie Bean To Helm Disney’s Live-Action ‘Lady And The Tramp’ Adaptation
- Topher Grace Set To Play Pastor In Faith-Based ‘The Impossible’
- Disney CEO Bob Iger Could Earn Up To $423 Million In Compensation, Advisory Firm Says
- Wes Anderson’s ‘Isle Of Dogs’ Wins SXSW Audience Award In Headliners Section