Josh Holloway (Lost), Laz Alonso (Avatar), Josh Peck (The Wackness), Caity Lotz (Stomp The Yard) and singer Chris Brown are starring in Benson Lee’s Planet B-Boy, a feature based on Lee’s 2007 documentary about the resurgence of breakdancing crews around the world. Brin Hill and Chris Parker wrote the script for the Screen Gems feature, which Beau Flynn, Tripp Vinson and Amy Lo are producing. Shooting started today in Los Angeles and will move on to Montpellier, France. The feature centers on an all-star American “b-boy” crew training to compete in France at the Battle of the Year International Championships, where they must face the best and greatest b-boys in the world: the Koreans, the Russians and the French, who have dominated the original American dance form for the past decade.
Screen Gems Sets Cast For 'Planet B-Boy'
What's Hot on Deadline
Billboard Music Awards Ratings Hit Low, 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Finale Rises, NBA Up With Warriors' Win
Mario Batali Under Criminal Investigation By NYPD For Sexual Assault Allegations; B&B HG Sever Ties With Chef - Update
'The Expendables 4' Muscles Up: Sylvester Stallone Action Pic & 'Rambo 5' Sell To China In Eight-Figure Co-Fi Deal
Latest Film News
- Charlize Theron To Play Megyn Kelly In Fox News Movie At Annapurna
- Sheaun McKinney Joins Joe Carnahan’s ‘Boss Level’; McKinley Belcher Cast In ‘The Art Of Racing In The Rain…
- Writer-Director Antonio Campos Signs With WME
- Felicity Huffman Takes On A New Role: Girl Boss
- He’s Baaaack! Ryan Kavanaugh Hired As Consultant By Relativity’s New Owners
- Warner Bros To Make Film On Bard Prison Initiative Debate Team That Beat Harvard