Josh Holloway (Lost), Laz Alonso (Avatar), Josh Peck (The Wackness), Caity Lotz (Stomp The Yard) and singer Chris Brown are starring in Benson Lee’s Planet B-Boy, a feature based on Lee’s 2007 documentary about the resurgence of breakdancing crews around the world. Brin Hill and Chris Parker wrote the script for the Screen Gems feature, which Beau Flynn, Tripp Vinson and Amy Lo are producing. Shooting started today in Los Angeles and will move on to Montpellier, France. The feature centers on an all-star American “b-boy” crew training to compete in France at the Battle of the Year International Championships, where they must face the best and greatest b-boys in the world: the Koreans, the Russians and the French, who have dominated the original American dance form for the past decade.
Screen Gems Sets Cast For 'Planet B-Boy'
What's Hot on Deadline
'X-Men: Apocalypse' Dawns With $101.5M; 'Angry Birds' Sings With $55.5M, 'Zootopia' #4 Animated Pic Ever Worldwide - Intl Box Office Final
‘The Man In The High Castle’ EP Frank Spotnitz Addresses Stepping Down As Showrunner From Amazon Series
Latest Film News
- Palm Springs Film Festival Sets 2017 Dates; Gravitas Acquires ‘Cardinal Matter’
- Pennsylvania Man Pleads Guilty to Hacking Celebrity Computers
- ‘Collide’ Trailer: Felicity Jones & Nicholas Hoult Rev Engines For August Bow
- Adam Sandler & Happy Madison Set Family Animated Feature At STX
- Simon Pegg & Mike Myers Join Feature Thriller ‘Terminal’
- Oscilloscope Acquires Cannes Critics’ Week Pic ‘One Week And A Day’; FilmRise Gets Dose Of ‘The Sunshine Makers…