Josh Holloway (Lost), Laz Alonso (Avatar), Josh Peck (The Wackness), Caity Lotz (Stomp The Yard) and singer Chris Brown are starring in Benson Lee’s Planet B-Boy, a feature based on Lee’s 2007 documentary about the resurgence of breakdancing crews around the world. Brin Hill and Chris Parker wrote the script for the Screen Gems feature, which Beau Flynn, Tripp Vinson and Amy Lo are producing. Shooting started today in Los Angeles and will move on to Montpellier, France. The feature centers on an all-star American “b-boy” crew training to compete in France at the Battle of the Year International Championships, where they must face the best and greatest b-boys in the world: the Koreans, the Russians and the French, who have dominated the original American dance form for the past decade.
Screen Gems Sets Cast For 'Planet B-Boy'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Fall Festival Verdict: Who's In, Who's Out As The 2014 Oscar Race Gets Its First Real Shot Of Adrenaline
More From Team
- Vivendi's Vincent Bollore Angles To Become Europe's Powerhouse Cable, Web & Phone Provider
- R.I.P. Theodore J. Flicker, Creator of 'Barney Miller'
- 'Whiplash', 'The Good Lie' Win Top Awards At Deauville American Film Festival
- DeadlineNow @ Toronto: Pete Hammond On The Contenders Emerging From The Festival
- Hot Trailer: Keanu Reeves Is 'John Wick'
- Brian d'Arcy James Joins 'Spotlight'; Ruby Jerins Cast In 'Louder Than Bombs'; Beau Knapp Gets Role In 'The Finest Hours'