Josh Holloway (Lost), Laz Alonso (Avatar), Josh Peck (The Wackness), Caity Lotz (Stomp The Yard) and singer Chris Brown are starring in Benson Lee’s Planet B-Boy, a feature based on Lee’s 2007 documentary about the resurgence of breakdancing crews around the world. Brin Hill and Chris Parker wrote the script for the Screen Gems feature, which Beau Flynn, Tripp Vinson and Amy Lo are producing. Shooting started today in Los Angeles and will move on to Montpellier, France. The feature centers on an all-star American “b-boy” crew training to compete in France at the Battle of the Year International Championships, where they must face the best and greatest b-boys in the world: the Koreans, the Russians and the French, who have dominated the original American dance form for the past decade.
Screen Gems Sets Cast For 'Planet B-Boy'
What's Hot on Deadline
PGA Awards: 'Birdman' Wins Top Film Prize, 'Breaking Bad' Takes Drama Trophy & 'Orange Is The New Black' Nabs Comedy
'American Sniper' Praised By Michael Moore; Calls Bradley Cooper's Performance "One Of The Best Of The Year" - Update
More From Team
- ‘Celebrity Family Feud’ Lets ‘SNL’ Cast Play The Imitation Game
- Tom Brady’s Balls Rapped In ‘SNL’ DeflateGate Opening Segment
- PGA Awards: ‘Birdman’ Wins Top Film Prize, ‘Breaking Bad’ Takes Drama Trophy & ‘Orange Is The New Black…
- Rupert Murdoch Raves About ‘American Sniper’, Slams Hollywood Leftists
- Indiegogo, Vimeo Partner Up On Film Fund & Distribution