Josh Holloway (Lost), Laz Alonso (Avatar), Josh Peck (The Wackness), Caity Lotz (Stomp The Yard) and singer Chris Brown are starring in Benson Lee’s Planet B-Boy, a feature based on Lee’s 2007 documentary about the resurgence of breakdancing crews around the world. Brin Hill and Chris Parker wrote the script for the Screen Gems feature, which Beau Flynn, Tripp Vinson and Amy Lo are producing. Shooting started today in Los Angeles and will move on to Montpellier, France. The feature centers on an all-star American “b-boy” crew training to compete in France at the Battle of the Year International Championships, where they must face the best and greatest b-boys in the world: the Koreans, the Russians and the French, who have dominated the original American dance form for the past decade.
Screen Gems Sets Cast For 'Planet B-Boy'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Mr. Robot' Season 3 Finale Shocker: Sam Esmail On Tonight's Revelation, Surprise Guest & What's Next In Season 4
ABC Pulls 'The Great American Baking Show' & Axes Judge Johnny Iuzzini Amid Sexual Misconduct Allegations
Latest Film News
- Lionsgate Plans English-Language ‘Instructions Not Included’ Remake; Amanda Lipitz To Direct
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers
- ‘Every Day’ Trailer: First Look At First Film Under Relaunched Orion Pictures
- Disney-Fox Deal: Shares Of Both Companies Rise As Wall Street Embraces Plan
- Fox: A 20th & 21st Century Timeline Of Key Moments Under The Murdochs
- Clint Eastwood’s ‘15:17 To Paris’ Rating Changed To PG-13 After Appeal