Ryan Phillippe has landed a regular role in the upcoming season of the Glenn Close courtroom drama Damages, reports our TVLine colleague Michael Ausiello. Phillippe will play a “Julian Assange-type character who turns to Ellen (Rose Byrne) for help.” It will be a 10-episode arc on the series that now airs on DirecTV with shooting in New York City for its fifth and final season. This will be Phillippe’s first regular TV gig since he played Billy Douglas on One Life to Live back in the early ’90s. He was courted for a guest role in Starz’ Torchwood: Miracle Day but declined.
Ryan Phillippe Retained For 'Damages'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dunkirk' Takes Warner Bros Past $1B; 'Girls Trip' Record Opening For Malcolm D. Lee; Reasons Why 'Valerian' Crashed
'Dunkirk' Takes Box Office By Storm With $55.4M No. 1 Spot For $105M+ Global Opening; 'Valerian' $23.5M Start - Int'l Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Mr. Mercedes’ Makes An Impressively Demented Comic-Con Debut
- 'Doctor Who' Treats Hall H To Teaser For Christmas Special, Peter Capaldi & Pearl Mackie Farewell –Comic-Con
- ‘Dirk Gently’ Serves Up Clip-Heavy Panel In Hall H – Comic-Con
- ‘The Last Ship’ Season 4 Trailer Unveiled At Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: Departing ‘Doctor Who’ Showrunner On Peter Capaldi, Jodie Whittaker, More ‘Sherlock’ & ‘Dracula…
- Where Are Next ‘Game Of Thrones’ & ‘Ready Player One’? Future Franchise Candidates