Ryan Phillippe has landed a regular role in the upcoming season of the Glenn Close courtroom drama Damages, reports our TVLine colleague Michael Ausiello. Phillippe will play a “Julian Assange-type character who turns to Ellen (Rose Byrne) for help.” It will be a 10-episode arc on the series that now airs on DirecTV with shooting in New York City for its fifth and final season. This will be Phillippe’s first regular TV gig since he played Billy Douglas on One Life to Live back in the early ’90s. He was courted for a guest role in Starz’ Torchwood: Miracle Day but declined.
Ryan Phillippe Retained For 'Damages'
What's Hot on Deadline
'It' Becoming Biggest Horror Pic Ever Beating 'The Exorcist'; 'Annabelle: Creation' Scares Up $100M+
Brian Kilmeade Whines Jimmy Kimmel "Attacked Me" After Being Called "Phony Little Creep" In Health Care Fracas
'America's Got Talent' Finale Ratings Hit 6-Year High, 'MasterChef' Down From 2016, 'Big Brother' Up
Latest TV News
- NBC Developing Doctor Comedy Starring Sugar Lyn Beard From Seth Rogen & Evan Goldberg
- ‘Trollhunters’: Mark Hamill, Lena Headey & David Bradley Set To Recur In Season 2
- Rock Paper Scissors Taps Thunder Road’s Kent Kubena As EVP Film & TV Development
- ‘Riverdale’ Production Continues Despite K.J. Apa Car Crash
- ‘My Dead Ex’ Sets Cast As Production Begins On AwesomenessTV Series
- ‘S.W.A.T.’: David Lim Upped To Series Regular Ahead Of Season 1 Premiere