Ryan Phillippe has landed a regular role in the upcoming season of the Glenn Close courtroom drama Damages, reports our TVLine colleague Michael Ausiello. Phillippe will play a “Julian Assange-type character who turns to Ellen (Rose Byrne) for help.” It will be a 10-episode arc on the series that now airs on DirecTV with shooting in New York City for its fifth and final season. This will be Phillippe’s first regular TV gig since he played Billy Douglas on One Life to Live back in the early ’90s. He was courted for a guest role in Starz’ Torchwood: Miracle Day but declined.
Ryan Phillippe Retained For 'Damages'
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest TV News
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement
- ‘Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig
- ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Special Ratings Top Feast of Holiday Eve Offerings
- ‘The Four: Battle For Stardom’: Fox Promos Disruptive Singing Competition
- ‘Entourage’ Extra Alleges Jeremy Piven Sexually Assaulted Her In 2009 – Report