Ryan Phillippe has landed a regular role in the upcoming season of the Glenn Close courtroom drama Damages, reports our TVLine colleague Michael Ausiello. Phillippe will play a “Julian Assange-type character who turns to Ellen (Rose Byrne) for help.” It will be a 10-episode arc on the series that now airs on DirecTV with shooting in New York City for its fifth and final season. This will be Phillippe’s first regular TV gig since he played Billy Douglas on One Life to Live back in the early ’90s. He was courted for a guest role in Starz’ Torchwood: Miracle Day but declined.
Ryan Phillippe Retained For 'Damages'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Bill O'Reilly And David Letterman Take Compatibility Test: Video
- Universal Ups Nicholas Carpou To President Of Domestic Distribution
- Jesse Owens Biopic 'Race' Release Date Set For April 2016; William Hurt Joins Cast
- Joy Behar Goes Solo; Next Stop, Greenwich Village
- 'Shameless,' 'House of Lies,' 'Episodes' Return To Showtime On January 11
- John Oliver Explains British Football To David Letterman: Video