Ryan Phillippe has landed a regular role in the upcoming season of the Glenn Close courtroom drama Damages, reports our TVLine colleague Michael Ausiello. Phillippe will play a “Julian Assange-type character who turns to Ellen (Rose Byrne) for help.” It will be a 10-episode arc on the series that now airs on DirecTV with shooting in New York City for its fifth and final season. This will be Phillippe’s first regular TV gig since he played Billy Douglas on One Life to Live back in the early ’90s. He was courted for a guest role in Starz’ Torchwood: Miracle Day but declined.
Ryan Phillippe Retained For 'Damages'
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Latest TV News
- Netflix And DreamWorks Animation TV Reveal Six New Series Including ‘Trolls’, ‘She-Ra’
- Nick Stoller Inks Overall Deal With Sony Pictures Television
- Viceland Ups Catherine Whyte & Meghan Kirsch
- NBC Developing ‘Natural History’ Museum Comedy From Chris Hardwick & David X. Cohen
- Michael Apted To Get DGA Honorary Life Member Award
- ‘Sesame Street’ Sets Ben Lehmann As Executive Producer