Ryan Phillippe has landed a regular role in the upcoming season of the Glenn Close courtroom drama Damages, reports our TVLine colleague Michael Ausiello. Phillippe will play a “Julian Assange-type character who turns to Ellen (Rose Byrne) for help.” It will be a 10-episode arc on the series that now airs on DirecTV with shooting in New York City for its fifth and final season. This will be Phillippe’s first regular TV gig since he played Billy Douglas on One Life to Live back in the early ’90s. He was courted for a guest role in Starz’ Torchwood: Miracle Day but declined.
Ryan Phillippe Retained For 'Damages'
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert's Live Post-Debate 'Late Show' Tops Household Ratings But Edged By Jimmy Kimmel In Demo
Bollywood's Karan Johar Appeals For Peaceful 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Release Amid Growing India-Pakistan Tensions
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Booed Over Hillary Roast Remarks At New York Charity Dinner
- ‘Guilt’ Canceled By Freeform After One Season
- Carol Burnett Returning To TV As Star Of ABC Comedy From Michael Saltzman & Amy Poehler
- ‘Let The Right One In’ & ‘Narcos’ Add Cast
- ‘Nashville’ Season 5 Promo: Connie Britton, Hayden Panettiere & More
- Vine Star King Bach To Topline Fox Military Comedy From McG & Adam Devine