The first of the film projects Relativity Media is making with its China joint venture partner Sky Land is officially underway in the Shandong province city of Linyi. The comedy 21 And Over was written and is being directed by The Hangover scribes Jon Lucas and Scott Moore and stars Miles Teller, Justin Chon, Skylar Astin and Sarah Wright. It revolves around two childhood friends who drag their straight-arrow buddy out to celebrate his 21st birthday the night before an all-important medical school interview, and the evening spirals out of control. Sky Land, a fully funded production/distribution/financing entity, is a partnership with Relativity, SAIF Partners and IDG China Media that was formed in August to “create movies which will be appealing to both Chinese and western audiences alike.” It also formed an alliance with the Chinese government-sanctioned Huaxia Film Distribution Company, making it easier to navigate the often difficult bureaucratic path for foreign entertainment companies. Mandeville Films’ David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman and producing 21 And Over with SAIF’s Andy Yan and IDG’s Hugo Shong, in association with Richard Branson’s Virgin Produced. Some shooting already has been completed in Seattle.
Relativity Kicks Off China Venture With Jon Lucas & Scott Moore Comedy '21 And Over'
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest Film News
- ‘Moonlight’ Review: Moving Story Of Self-Discovery Should Resonate At Oscar Time
- Colin Firth And Ged Doherty Take Lessons Learned From “Filmmaking For Dummies” To Hatching Two Genuine Oscar…
- AMC Entertainment’s Bid For Carmike Wins Shareholder Advisory Firm’s Support
- Adrien Brody, John Malkovich, Antonio Banderas & A Dog Named De Niro Are ‘Unchained’
- DGA Reaches Deal on Network Staff Agreement
- Shawn Levy To Direct ‘Uncharted’; PlayStation Vidgame Movie On Fast Track