Alec Baldwin and Melissa McCarthy rate slightly over Ben Stiller, at least as far as NBC’s Saturday Night Live is concerned. Despite special appearances by Hugh Jackman and Kenny G and a hosting stint from Stiller — starring in the new Brett Ratner feature Tower Heist – the third installment of SNL’s new season was able to average just a 4.8 rating/12 share in metered-market homes. That compares to a 5.1 for the season premiere two weeks ago with host Baldwin and a 5.2 on Oct. 1 with McCarthy presiding. Last night’s numbers could well have been impacted by several rain delays during Game 1 of the American League Championship Series on Fox, pushing the game’s conclusion far later than normal. Texas wound up beating Detroit, 3-2. In adults 18-49, however, last night’s SNL matched the 2.6/11 generated by the Baldwin-hosted season kickoff.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'SNL' Takes Small Slide With Ben Stiller In Host Slot
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Steven Weber To Guest Star On Showtime's 'House Of Lies'
- Discovery Life Channel Sets 'The Mistress' Series
- ITV Accused Of Unfair Labor Practices By WGA East
- 'CNN Original' Roger Strauss Retires; Directed Tiananmen Square Live Coverage
- Ellen Barkin To Guest Star In Showtime's 'Happyish' Pilot
- Brenton Thwaites Boards 'Pirates 5′ Ship For Disney