Alec Baldwin and Melissa McCarthy rate slightly over Ben Stiller, at least as far as NBC’s Saturday Night Live is concerned. Despite special appearances by Hugh Jackman and Kenny G and a hosting stint from Stiller — starring in the new Brett Ratner feature Tower Heist — the third installment of SNL’s new season was able to average just a 4.8 rating/12 share in metered-market homes. That compares to a 5.1 for the season premiere two weeks ago with host Baldwin and a 5.2 on Oct. 1 with McCarthy presiding. Last night’s numbers could well have been impacted by several rain delays during Game 1 of the American League Championship Series on Fox, pushing the game’s conclusion far later than normal. Texas wound up beating Detroit, 3-2. In adults 18-49, however, last night’s SNL matched the 2.6/11 generated by the Baldwin-hosted season kickoff.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'SNL' Takes Small Slide With Ben Stiller In Host Slot
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
Latest TV News
- Megyn Kelly Tells Stephen Colbert She Wants To Start Next GOP Debate With “Apology Accepted”
- Will Ferrell Brings Exotic Animals To Stephen Colbert’s Post-Super Bowl ‘Late Show’
- President Obama, Scott Kelly, Chewbacca Help Stephen Colbert Open First Live ‘Late Show’ Post-Super Bowl
- Peter Farrelly Directs CBS All Access Super Bowl Promo
- Jazzed Coldplay, Bruno Mars & Beyonce Harmonize At Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show – Review
- ‘The Good Wife’ To End This Spring After Seven Seasons