Alec Baldwin and Melissa McCarthy rate slightly over Ben Stiller, at least as far as NBC’s Saturday Night Live is concerned. Despite special appearances by Hugh Jackman and Kenny G and a hosting stint from Stiller — starring in the new Brett Ratner feature Tower Heist — the third installment of SNL’s new season was able to average just a 4.8 rating/12 share in metered-market homes. That compares to a 5.1 for the season premiere two weeks ago with host Baldwin and a 5.2 on Oct. 1 with McCarthy presiding. Last night’s numbers could well have been impacted by several rain delays during Game 1 of the American League Championship Series on Fox, pushing the game’s conclusion far later than normal. Texas wound up beating Detroit, 3-2. In adults 18-49, however, last night’s SNL matched the 2.6/11 generated by the Baldwin-hosted season kickoff.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'SNL' Takes Small Slide With Ben Stiller In Host Slot
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked "Like Preparation H"
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked “Like Preparation H”
- Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O’Donnell Get The Last Word…
- Herman Echevarria Sr. Dies: ‘Real Housewives Of Miami’ Husband Was 61
- Donald Trump Vs. Hillary Clinton: Deadline Live Blogs The Debate
- ‘Supergirl’ Season 2 Trailer: National City Welcomes The Man Of Steel
- ‘Modern Family’ Casts Transgender Child Actor