Alec Baldwin and Melissa McCarthy rate slightly over Ben Stiller, at least as far as NBC’s Saturday Night Live is concerned. Despite special appearances by Hugh Jackman and Kenny G and a hosting stint from Stiller — starring in the new Brett Ratner feature Tower Heist – the third installment of SNL’s new season was able to average just a 4.8 rating/12 share in metered-market homes. That compares to a 5.1 for the season premiere two weeks ago with host Baldwin and a 5.2 on Oct. 1 with McCarthy presiding. Last night’s numbers could well have been impacted by several rain delays during Game 1 of the American League Championship Series on Fox, pushing the game’s conclusion far later than normal. Texas wound up beating Detroit, 3-2. In adults 18-49, however, last night’s SNL matched the 2.6/11 generated by the Baldwin-hosted season kickoff.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'SNL' Takes Small Slide With Ben Stiller In Host Slot
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…