Alec Baldwin and Melissa McCarthy rate slightly over Ben Stiller, at least as far as NBC’s Saturday Night Live is concerned. Despite special appearances by Hugh Jackman and Kenny G and a hosting stint from Stiller — starring in the new Brett Ratner feature Tower Heist — the third installment of SNL’s new season was able to average just a 4.8 rating/12 share in metered-market homes. That compares to a 5.1 for the season premiere two weeks ago with host Baldwin and a 5.2 on Oct. 1 with McCarthy presiding. Last night’s numbers could well have been impacted by several rain delays during Game 1 of the American League Championship Series on Fox, pushing the game’s conclusion far later than normal. Texas wound up beating Detroit, 3-2. In adults 18-49, however, last night’s SNL matched the 2.6/11 generated by the Baldwin-hosted season kickoff.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'SNL' Takes Small Slide With Ben Stiller In Host Slot
What's Hot on Deadline
Video - Melissa McCarthy Spoofs Hollywood's Audience Test Screenings & Cracks Up Leslie Jones: 'Saturday Night Live'
WGA Awards: 'Spotlight' & 'The Big Short' Take Marquee Film Honors; 'Mad Men', 'Veep' & 'Mr. Robot' Top TV - Full List
Latest TV News
- Battling Republicans On CBS Fuel Highest-Rated Debate Of 2016
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip With Host Melissa McCarthy
- Video – Kanye West & Kyle Mooney’s Rap Duel: ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Video – Melissa McCarthy Spoofs Hollywood’s Audience Test Screenings & Cracks Up Leslie Jones: ‘Saturday Night Live…
- Video – Melissa McCarthy Palms Fellow Cat Lady Kate McKinnon: ‘Saturday Night Live’
- ‘Purity’ Drama Starring Daniel Craig From Scott Rudin Eyes Series Order