With all broadcast networks featuring repeats on their schedules last night, the originals perked up. ABC got the biggest lift with three shows posting double-digit gains from last week: Happy Endings (3.5/9) was up 17%, despite following a repeat Modern Family (4.4/12) vs. an original last week, to hit a series high. Revenge (2.8/7) was up 12% against all-rerun competition at 10 PM. Fellow rookie Suburgatory (3.4/9) was up 10%, building on its The Middle (3.1/10, up 3%) lead-in. CBS’ only original offering last night, Survivor: South Pacific (3.4/10, 11.6 million), posted the franchise’s largest audience since last December. In 18-49, it was up a tenth from last week to tie its highest rating this season, which was for the September premiere. If the veteran reality series is adjusted up in the final as it often does, it will post a season high. (UPDATE 1:30 PM: Survivor indeed went up a tenth in the finals to post the franchise’s best 18-49 number since December.) The CW’s America’s Next Top Model hit a cycle high in total viewers (2.2 million, up 15% from last week) and 18-49 (1.0/3, up 11%). Its lead-in, a Ringer repeat, also was up in total viewers and flat in the demo. NBC and Fox aired all repeats by choice (NBC) or necessity (Fox) as Game 6 of the World Series was postponed. Neither cracked the 1.0 rating in 18-49. ABC (3.3/9, 9.5 million) won the night in 18-49, CBS (2.7/8, 10.6 million) in total viewers.
Ratings Rat Race: All Originals Rise Against Repeats Led By 'Happy Endings' & 'Revenge'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Andreeva
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21
- ABC Developing True Crime Procedural Set Throughout Los Angeles History
- Fox Nabs DC Entertainment 'Lucifer' Drama From Tom Kapinos As Put Pilot
- NBC Adapting Movie 'Problem Child' As Comedy Written By Scot Armstrong
- USA Event Series 'Dig' Pushed To 2015, Eyes Additional Episode Order