Django Unchained director Quentin Tarantino has offered the role of wealthy plantation owner Spencer Bennett to Don Johnson, and they are negotiating for Johnson to join a cast that includes Leonardo DiCaprio, Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Samuel L. Jackson and Kurt Russell. The picture shoots this fall with The Weinstein Company distributing domestically and Sony foreign. Tarantino is always good for a surprise or two when he goes beyond the obvious casting lists and taps talent from his memory banks, something he has done with the likes of John Travolta and the late David Carradine. Putting the former Miami Vice and Nash Bridges star into a villainous role here seems inspired. The liberated slave Django (Foxx) and his bounty hunter partner (Waltz) meet the evil plantation owner in pursuit of a bounty, and he turns the table on them. Tarantino has been talking to Johnson some time about the role. Johnson most recently played a character called Miles Deep in the recent comedy Bucky Larson: Born To Be A Star, but soon his most recent credit will be a big Tarantino film.
Quentin Tarantino Setting Don Johnson For 'Django Unchained'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Expendables 4' Muscles Up: Sylvester Stallone Action Pic & 'Rambo 5' Sell To China In Eight-Figure Co-Fi Deal
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
Billboard Music Awards Ratings Hit Low, 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Finale Rises, NBA Up With Warriors' Win
Latest Film News
- Rebel Wilson Joins Taika Waititi’s WWII Satire ‘Jo Jo Rabbit’ As Frightful Fraulein
- ‘Papillon’ Trailer: Charlie Hunnam & Rami Malek Are Hellbent On Escaping Devil’s Island Prison
- Netflix, Michael Bay, Ryan Reynolds & Skydance Set Action Franchise ‘Six Underground’
- Bill Gold Dies: ‘Casablanca’, ‘The Exorcist’, ‘J. Edgar’ Poster Designer Was 97
- Ann Dowd, Jeff Perry & Allison Tolman Star In ‘Speed Of Life’ Movie
- Archstone Distribution Acquires ‘Beach House’ Thriller Starring Willa Fitzgerald