EXCLUSIVE: Queen Latifah and Favor Unit Entertainment partner Shakim Compere are backing Percentage, a drama scripted by Elya Ottenberg that marks the first film shot in Flavor Unit Studios, the Miami soundstages built by Latifah and Compere. Directed by Alex Merkin, the drama stars Cam’ron and Omar Gooding as two New York hustlers who are on the run from a drug deal gone bad. They settle in Miami to build a new empire in the world of credit fraud, but their success brings unwanted attention from law enforcement and Miami’s most notorious criminals. Macy Gray, Ving Rhames, Antwan Tanner, Robert Watson and Malinda Williams also star. Latifah is producing with Compere and Eric Tomosunas, and the film is being independently financed by the Flavor Unit partners and Cam’ron, the hip hop artist and actor.
Queen Latifah's Flavor Unit Studios Launches With Feature 'Percentage'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Jake Gyllenhaal's Startling 'Southpaw' Makeover: Exclusive Photo
- James Cameron On 'Avatar' Sequels: 'You Will Sh*t Yourself With Your Mouth Wide Open'
- Fox Green Light Starts 'Independence Day' Sequel Countdown
- Sony Hacker Paralysis Reaches Day Two – Update
- Leslie Zemeckis Sells Book On Burlesque Siren Lili St. Cyr
- Weinstein Collars Pharrell Williams, Gwen Stefani For 'Paddington' Tune