EXCLUSIVE: Queen Latifah and Favor Unit Entertainment partner Shakim Compere are backing Percentage, a drama scripted by Elya Ottenberg that marks the first film shot in Flavor Unit Studios, the Miami soundstages built by Latifah and Compere. Directed by Alex Merkin, the drama stars Cam’ron and Omar Gooding as two New York hustlers who are on the run from a drug deal gone bad. They settle in Miami to build a new empire in the world of credit fraud, but their success brings unwanted attention from law enforcement and Miami’s most notorious criminals. Macy Gray, Ving Rhames, Antwan Tanner, Robert Watson and Malinda Williams also star. Latifah is producing with Compere and Eric Tomosunas, and the film is being independently financed by the Flavor Unit partners and Cam’ron, the hip hop artist and actor.
Queen Latifah's Flavor Unit Studios Launches With Feature 'Percentage'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pawn Stars' Regular Austin 'Chumlee' Russell Will Plead Guilty To Drug Charge, Avoid Jail Time - Update
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Saudi Arabia Enters ‘Barakah Meets Barakah’ In Foreign Language Race; Kingdom’s Second Submission Ever
- See-Saw Films Hires Simon Gillis To Run Commercial Affairs; Steve McQueen To Receive BFI Fellowship – Global Briefs
- Watchdog Group Chides Laika For “White-Washing” ‘Kubo And The Two Strings’
- ‘Birth Of A Nation’: AFI Axes Planned Screening & Nate Parker Q&A
- Viacom’s Longtime PR Chief Carl Folta Exits
- AFI Faculty Calls For Dean’s Firing