Veteran TV producer Steve Stark has joined MGM as President, Television Production. He will oversee all aspects of television and content development and production, including the development of new TV projects and projects based on titles from the MGM library. He will report to Roma Khanna, MGM’s President Television Group and Digital. “Steve is an extraordinary talent with a tremendous track record and deep relationships in the television industry,” said Khanna. Stark spent the last two-and-a-half years spearheading his own Steve Stark Prods, which was most recently based at Universal Television with an overall deal he signed in January. Through his company, Stark serves as an executive producer on USA Network’s Fairly Legal and executive produced NBC’s The Event. Stark previously served as president of Kelsey Grammer’s Grammnet Prods for seven years, developing and executive producing such series as Medium and The Game. This marks Stark’s return to the studio executive ranks — he served as EVP of Development at Columbia Tri-Star TV and as SVP of Current Programming at Paramount Network TV before joining Grannmet. Stark’s student project at Northwestern — a variety pilot starring his classmates, including Julia Louis-Dreyfus — landed him an invite to Hollywood to collaborate with producer Bob Banner and syndication veteran Al Masini on a new show. That show became Star Search, on which Stark worked for four years, making his entrance into the TV business.
Producer Steve Stark Named President TV Production For MGM
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- ‘SNL’: “Come Back, Barack”, Stay Awhile Pete Davidson & Chance Pays Off
- ‘Transparent’ Creator Jill Soloway Won’t Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment…
- Saoirse Ronan To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’, With Musical Guest U2
- ‘SNL’: Trump Boys Inherit Dad-Free Spot With “Juilliard Massage” Of “RickiLakes”
- ‘Stranger Things’: Duffer Brothers And Cast Reflect On Season 2, Keep Tight-Lipped On Season 3
- ‘Parks & Rec’ Mike Schur Says “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey”; ‘Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets…