Veteran TV producer Steve Stark has joined MGM as President, Television Production. He will oversee all aspects of television and content development and production, including the development of new TV projects and projects based on titles from the MGM library. He will report to Roma Khanna, MGM’s President Television Group and Digital. “Steve is an extraordinary talent with a tremendous track record and deep relationships in the television industry,” said Khanna. Stark spent the last two-and-a-half years spearheading his own Steve Stark Prods, which was most recently based at Universal Television with an overall deal he signed in January. Through his company, Stark serves as an executive producer on USA Network’s Fairly Legal and executive produced NBC’s The Event. Stark previously served as president of Kelsey Grammer’s Grammnet Prods for seven years, developing and executive producing such series as Medium and The Game. This marks Stark’s return to the studio executive ranks — he served as EVP of Development at Columbia Tri-Star TV and as SVP of Current Programming at Paramount Network TV before joining Grannmet. Stark’s student project at Northwestern — a variety pilot starring his classmates, including Julia Louis-Dreyfus — landed him an invite to Hollywood to collaborate with producer Bob Banner and syndication veteran Al Masini on a new show. That show became Star Search, on which Stark worked for four years, making his entrance into the TV business.
Producer Steve Stark Named President TV Production For MGM
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Warner Bros New Digital Unit Unveils Name & Slate: Mortal Combat & Static Shock Series; Akiva Goldsman Project
- 'Faking It' Gets Order For 10 More Episodes From MTV
- Christian Slater To Star In USA Pilot 'Mr. Robot'
- IFC Ups Christine Lubrano To SVP Original Programming, Hires Development Execs
- Resolution Agent Ian Greenstein Joins Gersh
- Pop Picks Up Eugene Levy Comedy 'Schitt's Creek' As First Original Scripted Series