Paul Walker has been tapped to star in the post-Hurricane Katrina thriller Hours, which Peter Safran’s Safran Co is producing and financing. Eric Heisserer, who has written the screenplays for New Line’s Nightmare On Elm Street redo, Warner Bros’ Final Destination 5 and Universal’s upcoming The Thing, wrote the script and will make his directorial debut on the project, which is prepping for a March 2012 production start in New Orleans. The subject matter of Hours would seem to be a departure from Heisserer’s genre work: The film centers on a father (Walker) who fights to keep his newborn daughter alive in a New Orleans hospital after Hurricane Katrina hits the city. Walker most recently starred in Universal’s hit Fast Five and just wrapped shooting the indie thriller Vehicle 19, which he also executive produced and Safran Co also produced. He is repped by UTA and Luber Roklin. Heisserer is repped by UTA and Artwork Entertainment; UTA Independent Film Group, which packaged the project along with Safran, is repping the film’s worldwide rights.
Paul Walker To Star In Thriller 'Hours', Written And To Be Directed By Eric Heisserer
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
China Makes Space For ‘The Martian’ As ‘Good Dinosaur’ Snatches Eggs From No. 1 ‘Mockingjay 2’ – Intl B.O. Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Latest Film News
- China Makes Space For 'The Martian' As 'Good Dinosaur' Snatches Eggs From No. 1 'Mockingjay 2' – Intl B.O. Update
- 'The Danish Girl' Bows With Style; ‘Janis: Little Girl Blue’ Solid In Debut; ‘Carol' Dominates Thanksgiving…
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best…
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance