EXCLUSIVE: Screenwriter John Glenn has been brought on to re-imagine Abducted, a science fiction thriller that was originally acquired by the studio as a spec by John Heffernan. Disruption Entertainment’s Mary Parent and Cale Boyter will produce. JC Spink, Chris Bender and Jake Weiner are exec producers. The story centers around an alien abduction of a group of average Americans who decide to take on the aliens and battle their way off the extraterrestrial craft. Glenn, who did early drafts of Clash of the Titans and Eagle Eye, is writing the hour-long Treasure Island for NBC. That is a contemporary re-imagining of the Robert Louis Stevenson story, set in Gotham. Glenn’s repped by WME and managed by Brian Lutz.
Paramount Hires John Glenn For Sci-Fi Thriller 'Abducted'
What's Hot on Deadline
Tom Rothman Takes A Shot At Netflix As He Reveals The "New Sony"; Plus 'Spider-Man' Interview - CinemaCon
Latest Film News
- ‘A Ghost Story’ Trailer: Casey Affleck Haunts Rooney Mara In Indie Drama
- WGA Strike Talk: Insiders Lay Out What’s At Stake
- Fox Searchlight Lands Cold War Thriller ‘The Spy With No Name’
- Timothy Hutton Joins Amazon Studios’ ‘Beautiful Boy’
- China Date Set For Jackie Chan Pic ‘The Foreigner’ – CinemaCon
- ‘Marjorie Prime’ Acquired By FilmRise, With Awards-Season Push Planned For Lois Smith