EXCLUSIVE: Screenwriter John Glenn has been brought on to re-imagine Abducted, a science fiction thriller that was originally acquired by the studio as a spec by John Heffernan. Disruption Entertainment’s Mary Parent and Cale Boyter will produce. JC Spink, Chris Bender and Jake Weiner are exec producers. The story centers around an alien abduction of a group of average Americans who decide to take on the aliens and battle their way off the extraterrestrial craft. Glenn, who did early drafts of Clash of the Titans and Eagle Eye, is writing the hour-long Treasure Island for NBC. That is a contemporary re-imagining of the Robert Louis Stevenson story, set in Gotham. Glenn’s repped by WME and managed by Brian Lutz.
Paramount Hires John Glenn For Sci-Fi Thriller 'Abducted'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15.6M Opening Day; CinemaScore Dips To B+ - Update
'Quantico': Priyanka Chopra Among 4 Cast Members Returning For Season 3, Michael Seitzman Set As New Showrunner
Latest Film News
- ‘Stronger’ Trailer: Jake Gyllenhaal Takes First Steps In Boston Bombing Drama
- Netflix Sets Gillian Jacobs, Vanessa Bayer & Phoebe Robinson For Gary Sanchez Comedy ‘Ibiza’
- Samuel Goldwyn & Orion Acquire SXSW Pic ‘Maya Dardel’
- The Guardian Sets Storied Media Group To Broker Film & TV Deals
- Exhibition Stocks Drop Following Analyst Downgrades Citing Box Office Concerns
- Martin Compston Joins ‘Mary Queen Of Scots’ Opposite Saoirse Ronan & Margot Robbie