EXCLUSIVE: Screenwriter John Glenn has been brought on to re-imagine Abducted, a science fiction thriller that was originally acquired by the studio as a spec by John Heffernan. Disruption Entertainment’s Mary Parent and Cale Boyter will produce. JC Spink, Chris Bender and Jake Weiner are exec producers. The story centers around an alien abduction of a group of average Americans who decide to take on the aliens and battle their way off the extraterrestrial craft. Glenn, who did early drafts of Clash of the Titans and Eagle Eye, is writing the hour-long Treasure Island for NBC. That is a contemporary re-imagining of the Robert Louis Stevenson story, set in Gotham. Glenn’s repped by WME and managed by Brian Lutz.
Paramount Hires John Glenn For Sci-Fi Thriller 'Abducted'
What's Hot on Deadline
ABC Orders Drama Pilots 'The Good Doctor' & 'Doomsday' From David Shore, Daniel Dae Kim & Carol Mendesohn
Latest Film News
- Oscar Nom Reactions: ‘La La Land’ Producers & More
- Amazon Scores Streaming First With Best Pic Oscar Nom For ‘Manchester By The Sea’
- Oscar Nominations: Film & Studio Scorecards
- Oscars: ‘Tanna’ Marks First Foreign Language Nomination For Australia
- Ewan McGregor Scraps UK Talk Show Visit Over Piers Morgan Women’s March Barbs
- Oscar Nominations: ‘La La Land’ Ties Record With 14 Noms; ‘Arrival’ & ‘Moonlight’ Snag…