EXCLUSIVE: Screenwriter John Glenn has been brought on to re-imagine Abducted, a science fiction thriller that was originally acquired by the studio as a spec by John Heffernan. Disruption Entertainment’s Mary Parent and Cale Boyter will produce. JC Spink, Chris Bender and Jake Weiner are exec producers. The story centers around an alien abduction of a group of average Americans who decide to take on the aliens and battle their way off the extraterrestrial craft. Glenn, who did early drafts of Clash of the Titans and Eagle Eye, is writing the hour-long Treasure Island for NBC. That is a contemporary re-imagining of the Robert Louis Stevenson story, set in Gotham. Glenn’s repped by WME and managed by Brian Lutz.
Paramount Hires John Glenn For Sci-Fi Thriller 'Abducted'
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Damon & George Clooney Tell 'GMA' They Knew Harvey Weinstein Was An "A**hole" But Not A Sexual Predator
Latest Film News
- Echo Bridge Scores Timely Evan Peters Movie ‘The Pirates Of Somalia’ For December Bow
- ‘What Haunts Us’ Documentary Director On Sexual Predators: “We Can Stop This From Happening”
- Weinstein Company Hit With Subpoena From NY AG Over Sexual Harassment Claims
- Regal Plans 2018 Launch For 28-Page, Augmented-Reality Program Moviebill
- Anonymous Content Makes Long-Term First-Look With Michael Sugar’s Sugar23 Productions
- New Regency Sets Multi-Year Deal With Oscar-Winning Director Steve McQueen