EXCLUSIVE: Screenwriter John Glenn has been brought on to re-imagine Abducted, a science fiction thriller that was originally acquired by the studio as a spec by John Heffernan. Disruption Entertainment’s Mary Parent and Cale Boyter will produce. JC Spink, Chris Bender and Jake Weiner are exec producers. The story centers around an alien abduction of a group of average Americans who decide to take on the aliens and battle their way off the extraterrestrial craft. Glenn, who did early drafts of Clash of the Titans and Eagle Eye, is writing the hour-long Treasure Island for NBC. That is a contemporary re-imagining of the Robert Louis Stevenson story, set in Gotham. Glenn’s repped by WME and managed by Brian Lutz.
Paramount Hires John Glenn For Sci-Fi Thriller 'Abducted'
What's Hot on Deadline
January Slows As 'Jumanji' Takes No. 1 For 3rd Weekend With $19M+; Older Guy Pics '12 Strong' & 'Den Of Thieves' In Mid Teens
Latest Film News
- Soderbergh, Credit Card Debt & An Unreleased Movie: Joe & Anthony Russo Recall Slamdance Debut Pic ‘Pieces’
- Documentarian Jeremiah Zagar Tackled Complicated Coming-Of-Age Story With ‘We The Animals’…
- How Gus Van Sant’s ‘Don’t Worry, He Won’t Get Far On Foot’ Evolved From Robin Williams Option…
- ‘Night Comes On’s Jordana Spiro Talks Creating “A Story With A Very Strong Female Protagonist”…
- ‘Sweet Country’ Director Warwick Thornton Reinvents Himself With Australian Western — Sundance Studio
- ‘An Evening With Beverly Luff Linn’: Watch Deadline's Sundance Series Panel Livestream