Struggling cable network OWN saw the kind of triple-digit ratings increases over predecessor Discovery Health that it had been seeking with last night’s launches of The Rosie Show and Oprah’s Lifeclass. OWN had been stuck at the ratings levels of Discovery Health season to date and dipping below them in the most-recent third quarter. The network put all of its eggs in the Rosie/Lifeclass basket, effectively doing a relaunch of the network with the show’s premieres, which were simulcast across five Discovery cable networks. On OWN, The Rosie Show, hosted by Rosie O’Donnell, averaged a respectable 497,000 viewers, up 238% from Discovery Health’s October 2010 average in the 7 PM slot. In women 25-54, Rosie Show posted a .44 rating, up 267%. The clip-driven Oprah’s Lifeclass dropped significantly from its Rosie lead-in to 333,000 viewers, despite airing in the more-trafficked 8 PM hour. That was still up from last October’s average by 103%. In women 25-54, the show drew a .40, up 208%. Across all five Discovery Communications networks — including TLC, Investigation Discovery, Discovery Fit & Health and Planet Green as well as OWN — Rosie averaged 1.5 million viewers, Lifeclass 1.2 million. UPDATE: SiriusXM just announced that it will carry O’Donnell’s new OWN talk show on Oprah Radio and SiriusXM Stars channels the day after the show airs on OWN.
OK Start For OWN's Rosie O'Donnell Show
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- ‘Nashville’ Gets Midseason Return & Series Finale Dates On CMT; New Characters Added – Watch Promo
- ‘Abby’s’: Natalie Morales To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot
- Stephen Colbert Lampoons Marco Rubio’s Remarks At CNN Gun Violence Town Hall
- ‘In Between Lives’: Harriet Dyer To Topline NBC Clairvoyance Crime Drama Pilot
- Hollywood Activists Join In Pressuring Amazon To Drop NRA TV From Streaming Service
- Television Academy Revises Its Code of Conduct For #MeToo Era