Struggling cable network OWN saw the kind of triple-digit ratings increases over predecessor Discovery Health that it had been seeking with last night’s launches of The Rosie Show and Oprah’s Lifeclass. OWN had been stuck at the ratings levels of Discovery Health season to date and dipping below them in the most-recent third quarter. The network put all of its eggs in the Rosie/Lifeclass basket, effectively doing a relaunch of the network with the show’s premieres, which were simulcast across five Discovery cable networks. On OWN, The Rosie Show, hosted by Rosie O’Donnell, averaged a respectable 497,000 viewers, up 238% from Discovery Health’s October 2010 average in the 7 PM slot. In women 25-54, Rosie Show posted a .44 rating, up 267%. The clip-driven Oprah’s Lifeclass dropped significantly from its Rosie lead-in to 333,000 viewers, despite airing in the more-trafficked 8 PM hour. That was still up from last October’s average by 103%. In women 25-54, the show drew a .40, up 208%. Across all five Discovery Communications networks — including TLC, Investigation Discovery, Discovery Fit & Health and Planet Green as well as OWN — Rosie averaged 1.5 million viewers, Lifeclass 1.2 million. UPDATE: SiriusXM just announced that it will carry O’Donnell’s new OWN talk show on Oprah Radio and SiriusXM Stars channels the day after the show airs on OWN.
OK Start For OWN's Rosie O'Donnell Show
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over