Struggling cable network OWN saw the kind of triple-digit ratings increases over predecessor Discovery Health that it had been seeking with last night’s launches of The Rosie Show and Oprah’s Lifeclass. OWN had been stuck at the ratings levels of Discovery Health season to date and dipping below them in the most-recent third quarter. The network put all of its eggs in the Rosie/Lifeclass basket, effectively doing a relaunch of the network with the show’s premieres, which were simulcast across five Discovery cable networks. On OWN, The Rosie Show, hosted by Rosie O’Donnell, averaged a respectable 497,000 viewers, up 238% from Discovery Health’s October 2010 average in the 7 PM slot. In women 25-54, Rosie Show posted a .44 rating, up 267%. The clip-driven Oprah’s Lifeclass dropped significantly from its Rosie lead-in to 333,000 viewers, despite airing in the more-trafficked 8 PM hour. That was still up from last October’s average by 103%. In women 25-54, the show drew a .40, up 208%. Across all five Discovery Communications networks — including TLC, Investigation Discovery, Discovery Fit & Health and Planet Green as well as OWN — Rosie averaged 1.5 million viewers, Lifeclass 1.2 million. UPDATE: SiriusXM just announced that it will carry O’Donnell’s new OWN talk show on Oprah Radio and SiriusXM Stars channels the day after the show airs on OWN.
OK Start For OWN's Rosie O'Donnell Show
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner