The New York Times Company has sold its Baseline unit to Project Hollywood LLC, the privately held company which is majority owned by media and Internet entrepreneurs Laurie S. Silvers and Mitchell Rubenstein. The pair previously founded the SyFy Channell and MovieTickets.com and currently own Hollywood.com, Spill.com, and Hollywood Wiretap. Baseline, based in Los Angeles, is a leading online subscription database and research service for the movie and television industries. Reports said The New York Times paid a whopping $35 million to acquire Baseline StudioSystems back in August 2006 from Hollywood Media Corp was run by the very same owners who bought it back now at a bargain basement price, Silvers and Rubenstein.
NY Times Sells TV/Movie Database Baseline
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…