The New York Times Company has sold its Baseline unit to Project Hollywood LLC, the privately held company which is majority owned by media and Internet entrepreneurs Laurie S. Silvers and Mitchell Rubenstein. The pair previously founded the SyFy Channell and MovieTickets.com and currently own Hollywood.com, Spill.com, and Hollywood Wiretap. Baseline, based in Los Angeles, is a leading online subscription database and research service for the movie and television industries. Reports said The New York Times paid a whopping $35 million to acquire Baseline StudioSystems back in August 2006 from Hollywood Media Corp was run by the very same owners who bought it back now at a bargain basement price, Silvers and Rubenstein.
NY Times Sells TV/Movie Database Baseline
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Billy Crystal To Deliver Tribute To Robin Williams At Emmy Awards
- 'Resident Evil 6′ Production Pushed To 2015
- Tony Shalhoub Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'
- Channing Tatum's Production Shingle Taps Nellie Stevens-Reed As Head Of TV
- Disney Strikes Output Deal With Mediacom
- Former Legendary Digital Chief Launches Production Banner; Inks First-Look Deal With Legendary TV