NBC is solidifying its support for well-received but struggling new drama Prime Suspect with a six-script order. It follows similar script pickup for sophomore dramedy Harry’s Law yesterday. Prime Suspect is NBC’s only new fall scripted series whose fate has not been determined. The network recently gave comedies Up All Night and Whitney full-season orders and canceled drama The Playboy Club and comedy Free Agents. Such a script order allows producers to keep a series in continuous production if the network gives it an episodic back order. After a slow start, Prime Suspect held steady last Thursday (1.5/4), when virtually all other shows were down. The cop drama starring Maria Bello is getting additional sampling on Monday where its repeats replaced Playboy this week.
NBC's 'Prime Suspect' Gets Order For 6 More Scripts
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- HBO Developing Musical Comedy From Bruce Eric Kaplan
- Mark Burnett & Roma Downey Producing Guardian Angels Drama For NBC
- AMC Renews 'Halt and Catch Fire' For Second Season
- Ellen Pompeo To Produce Cop Drama For ABC
- Astronaut Family Comedy Lands At ABC With Pilot Production Commitment
- Bow Wow To Co-Star In CBS' 'CSI: Cyber'