NBC is solidifying its support for well-received but struggling new drama Prime Suspect with a six-script order. It follows similar script pickup for sophomore dramedy Harry’s Law yesterday. Prime Suspect is NBC’s only new fall scripted series whose fate has not been determined. The network recently gave comedies Up All Night and Whitney full-season orders and canceled drama The Playboy Club and comedy Free Agents. Such a script order allows producers to keep a series in continuous production if the network gives it an episodic back order. After a slow start, Prime Suspect held steady last Thursday (1.5/4), when virtually all other shows were down. The cop drama starring Maria Bello is getting additional sampling on Monday where its repeats replaced Playboy this week.
NBC's 'Prime Suspect' Gets Order For 6 More Scripts
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates