Once again NBC will be launching a reality series as a strip during the holiday season in December. Following in the footsteps of Deal Or No Deal, Clash Of The Choirs and The Sing-Off, new trivia competition show Who’s Still Standing? will premiere on Monday, December 19 as a weeklong strip, airing through Thursday, December 22 (each night at 8-9 PM ET). On December 26, the series will move to its regular Monday 8-9 PM slot, where it will air through January 30. NBC had previously announced that the revamped Fear Factor, which launches on December 12, will bridge The Sing-Off and The Voice with two-hour editions on Monday from 8-9 PM. The reality competition will now go down to an hour starting December 19. “This family-friendly series is perfect programming for the holiday season,” NBC’s alternative chief Paul Telegdy said of Who’s Still Standing? “The compelling and fresh format features the best elements of a classic trivia match combined with physical comedy, providing an intense competition that can be enjoyed by all ages.” Hosted by Ben Bailey (Cash Cab), the new series is based on the hit Israeli format Still Standing, which offers contestants the opportunity to win up to $1 million while competing in head-to-head trivia battles. The series had its global premiere on Israel’s Channel 10 in December 2010.
NBC To Launch New Reality Show 'Who's Still Standing?' In December As A Strip
What's Hot on Deadline
Roman Polanski On Netflix Impact On Moviegoing: "I Don't Think It's A Basic Threat For Cinema" - Cannes
Red Nose Day Actually: 'Love Actually' Short-Film Sequel With Hugh Grant, Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy & More
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?
- ‘The 100’ Ups Tasya Teles To Regular; ‘Supergirl’s Floriana Lima To Return As Recurring