NBC has renewed Love In The Wild for a second season, the first new broadcast series that launched this past summer to get a second spin. The move is somewhat surprising given that the adventure-dating series, a cross between Survivor and Bachelor Pad, averaged a lackluster 1.8/5 in adults 18-49 and 5.5 million viewers. But the ratings bar in the summer is pretty low. And I’ve heard that NBC brass liked the premise of the Endemol USA-produced show and felt that it could do better with a stronger cast. “The success of the relationships formed on the first season of this series is a testament to the unique format of this show,” NBC’s president of alternative Paul Telegdy said. “We look forward to an even more compelling season as the series will return with new format twists and a new set of contestants who will conquer the wild — or not — to find love.” Love In The Wild, which will head to a new tropical location for Season 2, features single men and women who take part in challenges and quests while also looking for a mate.
NBC Renews Summer Reality Series 'Love In The Wild' For Second Season
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
'Mockingjay' Rules Roost; 'Good Dinosaur' Hatches With $29M; 'The Martian' Lands $50M In China - Intl Box Office Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Latest TV News
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings
- Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ Season 2 Teaser: Hayley Atwell Kicks Butt In Hollywood
- Thanksgiving NFL Matchup Draws 27.8M Viewers, 2nd-Most Ever For NBC Primetime Regular-Season Game – Update
- French Media Dedicates Coverage To Emotional Memorial Service For Victims Of Paris Attacks