EXCLUSIVE: Adam Levine is no accidental TV producer. After a single-camera karaoke comedy project he executive produces sparked a bidding war in July before landing at NBC with penalty, the rocker-turned-reality star has set up a second project with NBC as a producer — this time on the drama side. Titled Awesome Splendor, the project is set in the world of rock ‘n’ roll and is from Parenthood executive producer/director Lawrence Trilling. Trilling will write and direct the project and executive produce it with Levine and Levine’s manager Jordan Feldstein for Universal Television. Trilling come up with the idea for the show and began looking for a partner with strong rock credentials. Since Maroon 5 frontman Levine is repped by the same agency (CAA) and attorney (Karl Austen), the matchmaking was easy and the two hit it off. Levine has become quite the NBC man now, with a starring gig on the network’s singing reality series The Voice and now two projects for the network targeted for next fall, both with music themes. The karaoke comedy, from 20th TV and Chernin Entertainment, is being written by Gene Hong, with Jake Kasdan directing and executive producing and Levine and Feldstein executive producing.
NBC Buys Rock 'N' Roll Drama From Adam Levine And Lawrence Trilling
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $219M+: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
Latest TV News
- Sam Rockwell To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ In January
- ‘SNL’: Alec Baldwin Ends War On Christmas As Omarosa Begs Forgiveness
- Gretchen Carlson To Former Fox Colleague Bill O’Reilly: “Who Are U Fooling?”
- XFL Return Rumored As WWE Head Vince McMahon Forms New Investment Venture
- ‘SNL’ Cast Member Pete Davidson Shows Off Hillary Clinton Tattoo
- Agent Olivia Metzger Leaving CAA; Clients Include Jeff Glor, Hoda Kotb: Report