EXCLUSIVE: Adam Levine is no accidental TV producer. After a single-camera karaoke comedy project he executive produces sparked a bidding war in July before landing at NBC with penalty, the rocker-turned-reality star has set up a second project with NBC as a producer — this time on the drama side. Titled Awesome Splendor, the project is set in the world of rock ‘n’ roll and is from Parenthood executive producer/director Lawrence Trilling. Trilling will write and direct the project and executive produce it with Levine and Levine’s manager Jordan Feldstein for Universal Television. Trilling come up with the idea for the show and began looking for a partner with strong rock credentials. Since Maroon 5 frontman Levine is repped by the same agency (CAA) and attorney (Karl Austen), the matchmaking was easy and the two hit it off. Levine has become quite the NBC man now, with a starring gig on the network’s singing reality series The Voice and now two projects for the network targeted for next fall, both with music themes. The karaoke comedy, from 20th TV and Chernin Entertainment, is being written by Gene Hong, with Jake Kasdan directing and executive producing and Levine and Feldstein executive producing.
NBC Buys Rock 'N' Roll Drama From Adam Levine And Lawrence Trilling
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dunkirk' To See Weekend Victory Of $55M+; 'Girls Trip' Hot At $27M+; 'Valerian' Falling To Earth With $16M
Sean Spicer Resigns As Anthony Scaramucci Named White House Communications Director; Trump Lauds "His Great Television Ratings"
Latest TV News
- ‘Hannity’ Books Sean Spicer & Reince Priebus To Spin White House Press Office Explosion, But Anthony Scaramucci Bails…
- Comic-Con: David Harbour, Chris Meloni Talk Being Leading Men & Regretful Roles In ‘Brave New Warriors’ Panel
- ‘Twin Peaks’ Panel Kicks Off With Surprise David Lynch Video Visit – Comic-Con
- O.J. Simpson Parole Hearing Attracts 13 Million On Traditional TV
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Brings Winter To Comic-Con Hall H: Child-Burning Witch Melisandre Advising Daenerys Targaryen?
- From 'Fauda's Assaf Bernstein On 'Rose Madder’ To 'The Shining' Onstage: What's Behind Stephen King's…