EXCLUSIVE: Adam Levine is no accidental TV producer. After a single-camera karaoke comedy project he executive produces sparked a bidding war in July before landing at NBC with penalty, the rocker-turned-reality star has set up a second project with NBC as a producer — this time on the drama side. Titled Awesome Splendor, the project is set in the world of rock ‘n’ roll and is from Parenthood executive producer/director Lawrence Trilling. Trilling will write and direct the project and executive produce it with Levine and Levine’s manager Jordan Feldstein for Universal Television. Trilling come up with the idea for the show and began looking for a partner with strong rock credentials. Since Maroon 5 frontman Levine is repped by the same agency (CAA) and attorney (Karl Austen), the matchmaking was easy and the two hit it off. Levine has become quite the NBC man now, with a starring gig on the network’s singing reality series The Voice and now two projects for the network targeted for next fall, both with music themes. The karaoke comedy, from 20th TV and Chernin Entertainment, is being written by Gene Hong, with Jake Kasdan directing and executive producing and Levine and Feldstein executive producing.
NBC Buys Rock 'N' Roll Drama From Adam Levine And Lawrence Trilling
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Latest TV News
- Hillary Clinton To Colbert: Donald Trump UN Speech “Dark, Dangerous”
- Fox & Twitter Partner On Streaming Initiatives For ‘Empire’, ‘The Mick’, And ‘Ghosted’
- Donald Trump’s “Baseless” Desire To Toss Ex-‘Apprentice’ Hopeful’s Suit Slammed
- Beau Willimon Elected President Of WGA East
- Jamie Lee Curtis To Star In & Produce Funeral Home Comedy In Works At CBS
- ‘Oscar Pistorius: Blade Runner Killer’ Movie Set For Fall Premiere On Lifetime