EXCLUSIVE: Adam Levine is no accidental TV producer. After a single-camera karaoke comedy project he executive produces sparked a bidding war in July before landing at NBC with penalty, the rocker-turned-reality star has set up a second project with NBC as a producer — this time on the drama side. Titled Awesome Splendor, the project is set in the world of rock ‘n’ roll and is from Parenthood executive producer/director Lawrence Trilling. Trilling will write and direct the project and executive produce it with Levine and Levine’s manager Jordan Feldstein for Universal Television. Trilling come up with the idea for the show and began looking for a partner with strong rock credentials. Since Maroon 5 frontman Levine is repped by the same agency (CAA) and attorney (Karl Austen), the matchmaking was easy and the two hit it off. Levine has become quite the NBC man now, with a starring gig on the network’s singing reality series The Voice and now two projects for the network targeted for next fall, both with music themes. The karaoke comedy, from 20th TV and Chernin Entertainment, is being written by Gene Hong, with Jake Kasdan directing and executive producing and Levine and Feldstein executive producing.
NBC Buys Rock 'N' Roll Drama From Adam Levine And Lawrence Trilling
What's Hot on Deadline
Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Juri & Charlie Hunnam Join Aaron Taylor-Johnson In 'A Million Little Pieces'
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel Teaches Donald Trump How To Do “Dishonest & Corrupt” Awards
- Starz Files Petitions With FCC To Get Network Put Back On Altice Cable Systems
- Peter Mayle Dies: ‘A Year In Provence’ & ‘A Good Year’ Author Was 78
- Israeli Drama ‘In A Heartbeat’ & Irish Crime Thriller ‘Costigan’ Lead Berlin Co-Pro Lineup
- BBC Worldwide Content Chief Helen Jackson To Depart After 31 Years
- Sony Pictures Television Sets Up UK-Based Non-Scripted Label Human