EXCLUSIVE: NBC has bought an untitled comedy project created by filmmaker Andrew Gurland (The Last Exorcism, The Virginity Hit) and Kevin Napier, who wrote the Ben Stiller-directed 2009 Fox pilot The Station. Universal TV and Will Ferrell and Adam Mckay’s studio-based Gary Sanchez Prods. are producing the untitled semi-autobiographical show, which is based on Gurland’s real life experience coming to terms with his ex-girlfrend marrying his childhood friend and the unique friendship the three of them developed. This is one of several projects Gary Sanchez Prods. has set up through the overall deal it signed with Universal TV this past summer. Gurland, repped by WME and Principato-Young, is now in pre-production on Gurland on Gurland, a first-person documentary comedy written, directed and starring him, which received a pilot order at Showtime.
NBC Buys Relationship Comedy From Andrew Gurland And Gary Sanchez Prods.
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Amazon Has No Regrets As ‘Man In The High Castle’ Ad Campaign Pulled From NYC Subway – Update
- ‘Grease Live’ First-Look Promo: Hand Jives & Fast Times At Rydell High
- College Sex Scandal Drama From Jessica Mecklenburg & Rod Lurie Lands At NBC
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- David Canary Dies: ‘All My Children’ Star Was 77
- ‘Superstore’ Review: America Ferrera NBC Comedy Proves Big Not Better