EXCLUSIVE: NBC has bought an untitled comedy project created by filmmaker Andrew Gurland (The Last Exorcism, The Virginity Hit) and Kevin Napier, who wrote the Ben Stiller-directed 2009 Fox pilot The Station. Universal TV and Will Ferrell and Adam Mckay’s studio-based Gary Sanchez Prods. are producing the untitled semi-autobiographical show, which is based on Gurland’s real life experience coming to terms with his ex-girlfrend marrying his childhood friend and the unique friendship the three of them developed. This is one of several projects Gary Sanchez Prods. has set up through the overall deal it signed with Universal TV this past summer. Gurland, repped by WME and Principato-Young, is now in pre-production on Gurland on Gurland, a first-person documentary comedy written, directed and starring him, which received a pilot order at Showtime.
NBC Buys Relationship Comedy From Andrew Gurland And Gary Sanchez Prods.
What's Hot on Deadline
PGA Awards: 'The Shape Of Water' Wins Outstanding Producer; 'Handmaid's Tale', 'Mrs. Maisel' Tops In TV - Full Winners List
January Slows As 'Jumanji' Takes No. 1 For 3rd Weekend With $19M+; Older Guy Pics '12 Strong' & 'Den Of Thieves' In Mid Teens
Allison Shearmur Funeral Service Set For Monday: Pals Pay Tribute To Late Tastemaking Studio Executive & Producer
Latest TV News
- Ryan Murphy Wanted To “Move The Cultural Dial” On TV With “Triumphant” Gay Characters…
- PGA Awards: ‘The Shape Of Water’ Wins Outstanding Producer; ‘Handmaid’s Tale’, ‘Mrs. Maisel’ Tops In TV – Full…
- ‘SNL’: President Donald Trump Passed His Physical – And The Tide Pod Challenge
- Bob Smith Dies: First Openly Gay Comic To Appear On ‘The Tonight Show’ Was 59
- Oscar Winners Fisher Stevens & Ross Kauffman Take On Discovery Doc ‘Taken By The Tiger’
- ‘Spheres: Songs Of Spacetime’ Trailer: Jessica Chastain Narrates VR Experience Exploring Sounds Of The Cosmos