EXCLUSIVE: NBC has bought an untitled comedy project created by filmmaker Andrew Gurland (The Last Exorcism, The Virginity Hit) and Kevin Napier, who wrote the Ben Stiller-directed 2009 Fox pilot The Station. Universal TV and Will Ferrell and Adam Mckay’s studio-based Gary Sanchez Prods. are producing the untitled semi-autobiographical show, which is based on Gurland’s real life experience coming to terms with his ex-girlfrend marrying his childhood friend and the unique friendship the three of them developed. This is one of several projects Gary Sanchez Prods. has set up through the overall deal it signed with Universal TV this past summer. Gurland, repped by WME and Principato-Young, is now in pre-production on Gurland on Gurland, a first-person documentary comedy written, directed and starring him, which received a pilot order at Showtime.
NBC Buys Relationship Comedy From Andrew Gurland And Gary Sanchez Prods.
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Andreeva
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo', Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
- 'How To Get Away With Murder' Ends Fall Run On High Ratings Note, 'Reign' Hits Low