EXCLUSIVE: NBC has bought an untitled comedy project created by filmmaker Andrew Gurland (The Last Exorcism, The Virginity Hit) and Kevin Napier, who wrote the Ben Stiller-directed 2009 Fox pilot The Station. Universal TV and Will Ferrell and Adam Mckay’s studio-based Gary Sanchez Prods. are producing the untitled semi-autobiographical show, which is based on Gurland’s real life experience coming to terms with his ex-girlfrend marrying his childhood friend and the unique friendship the three of them developed. This is one of several projects Gary Sanchez Prods. has set up through the overall deal it signed with Universal TV this past summer. Gurland, repped by WME and Principato-Young, is now in pre-production on Gurland on Gurland, a first-person documentary comedy written, directed and starring him, which received a pilot order at Showtime.
NBC Buys Relationship Comedy From Andrew Gurland And Gary Sanchez Prods.
What's Hot on Deadline
Paramount To Turn Key & Peele's 'Substitute Teacher' Into Feature; Keegan-Michael Key And Jordan Peele To Star
Latest TV News
- James Corden’s ‘Late Late Show’ Night 3: 1.35 Million Viewers – Update
- ‘Wolf Hall’ Review: Damian Lewis Rules As Henry VIII In PBS Drama
- All3Media Nearing Deal To Acquire Sam Mendes’ Neal Street Productions
- William Petersen Joins WGN America’s ‘Manhattan’ For TV Return
- Talent Agency Launches Biz Development Arm Verve Ventures; Amy Beecroft Will Steer It
- HBO & Vice To Launch Daily Newscast As Part Of Major New Content Deal