NBC has bought Vanish, a mystery drama from Moonlight co-creator Trevor Munson, Sony TV and Sam Raimi and Josh Donen’s studio-based Star Road banner. Michael Dinner, who is under an overall deal at Sony, will direct the potential pilot. Written by Munson, Vanish centers on a man with a mysterious past who protects deserving people from danger, and helps them disappear. Munson will executive produce with Sam Raimi, Donen and Dinner, while Robert Zotnowski, who runs Star Road’s TV development, also is expected to produce. The project, which was put together at Star Road, reunites Zotnowski and Munson; Zotnowski was a drama development executive at CBS when Munson co-created with Ron Koslow the cult vampire series Moonlight starring Alex O’Loughlin. Munson’s first novel Angel Of Vengeance, an early incarnation of what became the impetus for Moonlight, came out earlier this year. He is repped by Verve and manager Kevin Donahue. CAA-repped Dinner has drama Furlough in development at FX, where he directed and executive produced Powers and Outlaw Country, two pilots in contention for a series pickup.
NBC Buys Mystery Drama Penned By 'Moonlight' Co-Creator, Helmed By Michael Dinner & Produced By Sam Raimi
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest TV News
- ABC Nabs Family Comedy Starring Rev Run & Justine Simmons With Big Commitment
- ‘Penn & Teller: Fool Us’, ‘Whose Line Is It Anyway?’ & ‘Masters Of Illusion’ Renewed For Summer On…
- Viacom Labs Sets First Livestream-To-TV Series For 2017
- ‘Weaveworld’: Josh Stolberg To Write New CW Adaptation Of Clive Barker’s Book
- Thomas Haden Church Signs With CAA
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Adds Valarie Pettiford, Ashton Holmes & Chiké Okonkwo