NBC has bought Vanish, a mystery drama from Moonlight co-creator Trevor Munson, Sony TV and Sam Raimi and Josh Donen’s studio-based Star Road banner. Michael Dinner, who is under an overall deal at Sony, will direct the potential pilot. Written by Munson, Vanish centers on a man with a mysterious past who protects deserving people from danger, and helps them disappear. Munson will executive produce with Sam Raimi, Donen and Dinner, while Robert Zotnowski, who runs Star Road’s TV development, also is expected to produce. The project, which was put together at Star Road, reunites Zotnowski and Munson; Zotnowski was a drama development executive at CBS when Munson co-created with Ron Koslow the cult vampire series Moonlight starring Alex O’Loughlin. Munson’s first novel Angel Of Vengeance, an early incarnation of what became the impetus for Moonlight, came out earlier this year. He is repped by Verve and manager Kevin Donahue. CAA-repped Dinner has drama Furlough in development at FX, where he directed and executive produced Powers and Outlaw Country, two pilots in contention for a series pickup.
NBC Buys Mystery Drama Penned By 'Moonlight' Co-Creator, Helmed By Michael Dinner & Produced By Sam Raimi
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Cosby Says Reports Of Sexual Assault Town Hall Tour Is "False," Despite Fact His PR Team Said It Was On - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘My Dinner With Hervé’: David Strathairn Cast In HBO Movie
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders Bites Press To Distract Them From New Trumpcare Blow
- BET Awards Ratings Fall From 2016, Both On Channel & Across Viacom Networks
- SAG-AFTRA Contract Talks Continue Despite Strike Threat
- Ed Asner Retracts And Apologizes For Allegations Against SAG-AFTRA Leaders
- Is The Premium Video Business Harder To Attack Than Digital Giants Imagined?