NBC has bought Vanish, a mystery drama from Moonlight co-creator Trevor Munson, Sony TV and Sam Raimi and Josh Donen’s studio-based Star Road banner. Michael Dinner, who is under an overall deal at Sony, will direct the potential pilot. Written by Munson, Vanish centers on a man with a mysterious past who protects deserving people from danger, and helps them disappear. Munson will executive produce with Sam Raimi, Donen and Dinner, while Robert Zotnowski, who runs Star Road’s TV development, also is expected to produce. The project, which was put together at Star Road, reunites Zotnowski and Munson; Zotnowski was a drama development executive at CBS when Munson co-created with Ron Koslow the cult vampire series Moonlight starring Alex O’Loughlin. Munson’s first novel Angel Of Vengeance, an early incarnation of what became the impetus for Moonlight, came out earlier this year. He is repped by Verve and manager Kevin Donahue. CAA-repped Dinner has drama Furlough in development at FX, where he directed and executive produced Powers and Outlaw Country, two pilots in contention for a series pickup.
NBC Buys Mystery Drama Penned By 'Moonlight' Co-Creator, Helmed By Michael Dinner & Produced By Sam Raimi
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- Netflix Gets Makeover With Property Original ‘Amazing On The Inside’
- Ioan Gruffudd’s Disney-Produced ‘Harrow’ Scores Second Season Ahead Of Debut
- Stephen King’s ‘The Bone Church’ To Be Developed For Series By Chris Long & David Ayer’s…
- Disney Channel Launching Toon Series ‘Amphibia’ & ‘The Owl House’, Renews ‘Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil’ For…
- Olympics Ratings Rise With Russian Skating Drama, Steady With Sochi 2014
- Abrams Artists Agency Expands Alternative Programming & Digital Department With New Hire