EXCLUSIVE: NBC has bought a half-hour comedy from actress-comedian Andrea Savage and director-producer Jay Roach. Savage will write and star in the multi-camera project, which is being produced by Universal Television, with Roach and Jennifer Perini executive producing through their Everyman Pictures. The untitled comedy centers on a woman who prides herself on her humor and edge and refuses to become typical after becoming a parent for the first time. The project is semi-autobiographical as Savage too had her first child 2 years ago. Her first gig coming back was a co-starring role in Jay Roach’s 2010 feature comedy Dinner For Schmucks, where the two first worked together. Groundlings Theatre alumna Savage, repped by UTA and Mosaic, also co-starred in the movie Step Brothers. On TV, she starred and wrote for the Comedy Central series Dog Bites Man and HBO’s Funny Or Die Presents and was most recently seen guest starring in last week’s episode of ABC’s Modern Family. Roach, whose credits also include the Meet The Parents franchise and HBO’s Recount, is with CAA and Mosaic.
NBC Buys Comedy Written By & Starring Andrea Savage And Produced By Jay Roach
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Roy Wood Jr. To Star In Parole Officer Comedy From Trevor Noah & Aaron McGruder In Works At Comedy Central
Latest TV News
- ‘Luther’, ‘Mistresses’ & ‘Life On Mars’ Getting Korean Remakes – BBC Showcase
- Fox News Launching Standalone Subscription Service Fox Nation
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling…
- Fergie Apologizes For NBA All-Star Game National Anthem That “Didn’t Strike The Intended Tone”
- Donald Trump Will Attend This Year’s Gridiron Dinner; Still A “Maybe” On White House Correspondents…
- David Parfitt Accuses Harvey Weinstein Of Assaulting Him On ‘My Week With Marilyn’