EXCLUSIVE: NBC has bought a half-hour comedy from actress-comedian Andrea Savage and director-producer Jay Roach. Savage will write and star in the multi-camera project, which is being produced by Universal Television, with Roach and Jennifer Perini executive producing through their Everyman Pictures. The untitled comedy centers on a woman who prides herself on her humor and edge and refuses to become typical after becoming a parent for the first time. The project is semi-autobiographical as Savage too had her first child 2 years ago. Her first gig coming back was a co-starring role in Jay Roach’s 2010 feature comedy Dinner For Schmucks, where the two first worked together. Groundlings Theatre alumna Savage, repped by UTA and Mosaic, also co-starred in the movie Step Brothers. On TV, she starred and wrote for the Comedy Central series Dog Bites Man and HBO’s Funny Or Die Presents and was most recently seen guest starring in last week’s episode of ABC’s Modern Family. Roach, whose credits also include the Meet The Parents franchise and HBO’s Recount, is with CAA and Mosaic.
NBC Buys Comedy Written By & Starring Andrea Savage And Produced By Jay Roach
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- ‘The Simpsons’ Looks At Donald Trump’s First 100 Days In Office
- Dish Network & Hearst TV End Blackout With New Deal
- ‘Singularity’: Amanda Lund To Star In FX Comedy Pilot
- ESPN Layoffs: Jayson Stark & Trent Dilfer Among Several Big Names Let Go By Sports Giant – Update
- ‘Downton Abbey’ Global Exhibition Set To Kick Off In June
- Vince Vaughn-Produced ‘Fearless With Tim Ferriss’ Gets Premiere Date On Audience Network