EXCLUSIVE: NBC has bought a single-camera comedy from actor-comedian Jim Gaffigan, Universal TV and Scot Armstrong and Ravi Nandan’s studio-based American Work. Gaffigan will write and star in the project based on his life as a lazy man, married to a strong woman, raising 4 children in a 2 bedroom apartment in New York City. Gaffigan will executive produce with his manager, Brillstein Entertainment’s Alex Murray, as well as Armstrong and Nandan. Gaffigan, a respected standup comedian, will begin a 30-city tour in the beginning of 2012. It will spawn a televised comedy stand-up special in February, which is eying non-traditional ways for digital distribution. CAA-repped Gaffigan’s previous comedy series starring vehicle was the 2000 CBS sitcom Welcome To New York, which was produced by David Letterman’s company. He recently co-starred on the TBS comedy series My Boys and made his Broadway debut in That Championship Season earlier this year.
NBC Buys Family Comedy Created By & Starring Actor-Comedian Jim Gaffigan
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
'Dear Basketball' Scribe Kobe Bryant On A Career Built "Piece By Piece" And Life After Basketball — Tribeca Studio
Martin Scorsese, Leonardo DiCaprio & Robert De Niro Eyeing 'Killers Of The Flower Moon' From Eric Roth Adaptation
Latest TV News
- Norman Lear To Host Weekly Podcast; Amy Poehler, Julia Louis-Dreyfus Among Guests
- Netflix To Seek €1B In Debt To Help Pay For Original Programming
- EOne, Aquarius Board Aussie Series ‘The Other Guy’; Studiocanal Picks Up ‘American Gods’; Viceland Producing Comedy ‘Brexit Stage…
- 'Feud: Bette and Joan' Finale: EP Tim Minear Avoided A "Petty Bitchfest"
- ‘Genius’ Stars Geoffrey Rush & Johnny Flynn On Their Shared Task Of Humanizing Albert Einstein — Tribeca…
- BAFTA TV Craft Award Winners Include ‘The Crown’, ‘The Night Manager’, ‘National Treasure’ — Full…