EXCLUSIVE: NBC has bought a single-camera comedy from actor-comedian Jim Gaffigan, Universal TV and Scot Armstrong and Ravi Nandan’s studio-based American Work. Gaffigan will write and star in the project based on his life as a lazy man, married to a strong woman, raising 4 children in a 2 bedroom apartment in New York City. Gaffigan will executive produce with his manager, Brillstein Entertainment’s Alex Murray, as well as Armstrong and Nandan. Gaffigan, a respected standup comedian, will begin a 30-city tour in the beginning of 2012. It will spawn a televised comedy stand-up special in February, which is eying non-traditional ways for digital distribution. CAA-repped Gaffigan’s previous comedy series starring vehicle was the 2000 CBS sitcom Welcome To New York, which was produced by David Letterman’s company. He recently co-starred on the TBS comedy series My Boys and made his Broadway debut in That Championship Season earlier this year.
NBC Buys Family Comedy Created By & Starring Actor-Comedian Jim Gaffigan
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
Latest TV News
- ‘American Horror Story’ At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson’s Supreme ‘Coven’ Character Returning In…
- Sean Hannity Defends Himself After Ted Koppel Says “He's Bad For America” On 'CBS Sunday Morning'
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Tease 100th Episode & Characters’ Fates At Emotional Panel – PaleyFest
- CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives, Podcaster Jon Lovett Says…On CNN
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…