What goes up must come down. There is no series whose ratings have kept growing indefinitely, and even MTV’s mega hit Jersey Shore is not immune from that, posting its first season-to-season decline in its finale last night. The closer of the Jersey gang’s Italian adventure drew 6.6 million viewers, reversing the upward trend of 4.8 million for the Season 1 finale, 6.1 million for Season 2 and 7.6 million for Season 3. The finale was also down from the fourth-season premiere, which drew some 8.8 million viewers, the most ever for an MTV series debut. Jersey Shore‘s demo ratings are still very potent. Last night’s finale posted a 3.7 rating in adults 18-49, beating everything on broadcast TV besides CBS’ The Big Bang Theory and Fox’s coverage of the World Series.
MTV's 'Jersey Shore' Slips In Season 4 Finale
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Gets More Love Thursday Night Than Emma Watson-Tom Hanks Thriller 'The Circle' - Box Office
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
Latest TV News
- Fox News Slots ‘The Five’ Replacement At 5 PM
- Nicolle Wallace To Host New 4 PM Weekday Show On MSNBC
- MTV Movie & TV Awards Set To Honor ‘Fast & Furious’ Franchise
- Netflix Commissions Second German Production ‘Dogs Of Berlin’
- ‘The President Show’ Inaugurates New Term On Comedy Central
- James Corden Can’t Escape Kurt Russell In Funny ‘Late Late Show’ Bit