What goes up must come down. There is no series whose ratings have kept growing indefinitely, and even MTV’s mega hit Jersey Shore is not immune from that, posting its first season-to-season decline in its finale last night. The closer of the Jersey gang’s Italian adventure drew 6.6 million viewers, reversing the upward trend of 4.8 million for the Season 1 finale, 6.1 million for Season 2 and 7.6 million for Season 3. The finale was also down from the fourth-season premiere, which drew some 8.8 million viewers, the most ever for an MTV series debut. Jersey Shore‘s demo ratings are still very potent. Last night’s finale posted a 3.7 rating in adults 18-49, beating everything on broadcast TV besides CBS’ The Big Bang Theory and Fox’s coverage of the World Series.
MTV's 'Jersey Shore' Slips In Season 4 Finale
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest TV News
- John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
- ‘The Talking Dead’: ‘Walking Dead’ Cast Talk Shocking Character Deaths In Rainy Live Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Premiere: Negan’s Victim Revealed In Bloody Opener
- Benedict Cumberbatch To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ November 5
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration “Should Kill” The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: “Higher Prices & Fewer Choices”…