What goes up must come down. There is no series whose ratings have kept growing indefinitely, and even MTV’s mega hit Jersey Shore is not immune from that, posting its first season-to-season decline in its finale last night. The closer of the Jersey gang’s Italian adventure drew 6.6 million viewers, reversing the upward trend of 4.8 million for the Season 1 finale, 6.1 million for Season 2 and 7.6 million for Season 3. The finale was also down from the fourth-season premiere, which drew some 8.8 million viewers, the most ever for an MTV series debut. Jersey Shore‘s demo ratings are still very potent. Last night’s finale posted a 3.7 rating in adults 18-49, beating everything on broadcast TV besides CBS’ The Big Bang Theory and Fox’s coverage of the World Series.
MTV's 'Jersey Shore' Slips In Season 4 Finale
What's Hot on Deadline
Quentin Tarantino Steals The Show At Sony's Slick Presentation Of A Pretty Dark Slate And Very Special Dog - CinemaCon
Donald Trump Threatens Iran, Blasts Michael Cohen Question, Plucks Dandruff Off Emmanuel Macron At Mad Photo Op
Quentin Tarantino & Leonardo DiCaprio Make Surprise Appearance At CinemaCon To Talk 'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood'
'Avengers: Infinity War' Clip: 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Debuts Exclusive Look At Marvel's Ultimate Team-Up Pic
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Advises VA Secretary Nominee To Exit “Disgusting” Hearing Process After Postponement
- ‘American Princess’: Georgia Flood To Topline Lifetime Series From Jenji Kohan & Jamie Denbo; Lucas Neff & 3…
- ‘Armistead Maupin’s Tales Of The City’ Revival Gets Series Order At Netflix; Ellen Page Joins Cast
- ‘Sense8’ Series Finale Date Set By Netflix
- Steve Martin & Martin Short Netflix Comedy Special Gets Premiere Date – Update
- Fox 21 TV Studios Ups Nissa Diederich To EVP Production