EXCLUSIVE: Its development and green light were surrounded by controversy, its launch was kept as quiet as possible and its short first season was exiled to the late-night 11 PM hour. Still, MTV’s largely panned reality series The Electric Barbarellas may return for a second season. I’ve learned that there already has been some development done on a potential second season of The Electric Barbarellas, and MTV brass are now considering taking the series to the next stage of development that would lead to a Season 2 pickup. Executive produced by Gary and Julie Auerbach, the series chronicles the lives of the 5 members of all-girl pop band The Electric Barbarellas as they seek stardom. The series was allegedly the brain child of Viacom chairman Sumner Redstone who, according to reports, was smitten by the scantly-clad singers and ordered MTV executives to do a reality series about them over their objections. With virtually no publicity, the series premiered on May 5 and had a quiet 6-week run in the 11 PM slot. It averaged a .72 rating in persons 12-34, which was on the low end but certainly not a disaster. I found more detailed data for Electric Barbarella‘s third episode, which drew a respectable 1 million viewers million and a 0.5 rating in A18-49 and actually beat E!’s Chelsea Lately (0.7 million, 0.4) in the 11-11:30 PM slot. For those who missed it, here is a trailer for The Electric Barbarella‘s first season:
MTV's 'Electric Barbarellas' Reality Series May Return For Second Season
What's Hot on Deadline
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest TV News
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration “Should Kill” The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: “Higher Prices & Fewer Choices”…
- Jimmy Perry Dies: British TV Writer-Creator Was 93
- Cubs’ Game 6 NLCS Win Over Dodgers A Home Run For Fox Sports
- Dan Rather Probes ‘Trump Nation’ Week Before Election On Mark Cuban’s AXS-TV
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump…