In hindsight, launching the new incarnation of Mike Judge’s male-skewing Beavis And Butt-Head against Game 6 of the World Series was probably not such a good idea. But under the circumstances, the MTV show about two teen delinquents did well in its return after a 14-year hiatus. The new Beavis And Butt-Head posted a 2.6 rating in the persons 12-34 demographic and 3.3 million total viewers in its premiere at 10 PM. While far from the ratings heights of MTV’s mega-hit Jersey Shore, Beavis And Butt-Head did better than any recent scripted series premiere on the network. The show also attracted males to the female-skewing channel despite the competition for the World Series with a 3.4 males 12-34 rating to rank as MTV’s top series in the demo behind Jersey Shore. The Beavis And Butt-Head premiere was used to launch MTV’s other new animated series, Good Vibes, which held on to a little of its lead-in to post a so-so 1.4 persons 12-34 rating and 1.6 million viewers.
MTV's 'Beavis & Butt-Head' Solid In Return
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate