In hindsight, launching the new incarnation of Mike Judge’s male-skewing Beavis And Butt-Head against Game 6 of the World Series was probably not such a good idea. But under the circumstances, the MTV show about two teen delinquents did well in its return after a 14-year hiatus. The new Beavis And Butt-Head posted a 2.6 rating in the persons 12-34 demographic and 3.3 million total viewers in its premiere at 10 PM. While far from the ratings heights of MTV’s mega-hit Jersey Shore, Beavis And Butt-Head did better than any recent scripted series premiere on the network. The show also attracted males to the female-skewing channel despite the competition for the World Series with a 3.4 males 12-34 rating to rank as MTV’s top series in the demo behind Jersey Shore. The Beavis And Butt-Head premiere was used to launch MTV’s other new animated series, Good Vibes, which held on to a little of its lead-in to post a so-so 1.4 persons 12-34 rating and 1.6 million viewers.
MTV's 'Beavis & Butt-Head' Solid In Return
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked "Like Preparation H"
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest TV News
- ‘I Love Dick’, ‘Jean-Claude Van Johnson’ & ‘The Tick’ Picked Up To Series By Amazon
- NBCUni CEO Steve Burke Applauds Presidential Debate Moderator Lester Holt
- Global Media Reacts To Trump Vs. Clinton Debate
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked “Like Preparation H”
- Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O’Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
- Herman Echevarria Sr. Dies: ‘Real Housewives Of Miami’ Husband Was 61