In hindsight, launching the new incarnation of Mike Judge’s male-skewing Beavis And Butt-Head against Game 6 of the World Series was probably not such a good idea. But under the circumstances, the MTV show about two teen delinquents did well in its return after a 14-year hiatus. The new Beavis And Butt-Head posted a 2.6 rating in the persons 12-34 demographic and 3.3 million total viewers in its premiere at 10 PM. While far from the ratings heights of MTV’s mega-hit Jersey Shore, Beavis And Butt-Head did better than any recent scripted series premiere on the network. The show also attracted males to the female-skewing channel despite the competition for the World Series with a 3.4 males 12-34 rating to rank as MTV’s top series in the demo behind Jersey Shore. The Beavis And Butt-Head premiere was used to launch MTV’s other new animated series, Good Vibes, which held on to a little of its lead-in to post a so-so 1.4 persons 12-34 rating and 1.6 million viewers.
MTV's 'Beavis & Butt-Head' Solid In Return
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Latest Creative Arts Emmys Presenters Include Chris Hardwick, Margo Martindale & Gloria Steinem – Update
- ABC Nabs ‘Start Up’ Comedy Starring & Directed By Zach Braff As Put Pilot
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- ‘Splitting Up Together’ Comedy From Emily Kapnek & Ellen DeGeneres Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- Donald Trump: Abedin-Weiner Split Exposes Possible National Security Risk In Clinton Campaign