If you can imagine a version of The View devoted to politics — with a rotating collection of pundits including many of MSNBC’s usual suspects — then you have an idea of the show that Alex Wagner soon will host in the noon ET time slot now held by MSNBC Live. The news network doesn’t have a name yet for the program that’s due to launch in November. The plan is to announce it next week, although some details spilled last week in a memo obtained by TV Newser. Dana Haller will be the executive producer. The memo from MSNBC Executive Editor Yvette Miley says that Wagner “was most recently a reporter at the Huffington Post, where she covered innovation in the American economy, investigating the intersection of business, politics and new technology. Prior to this, she served as the White House correspondent for Politics Daily, where she chronicled a number of international and domestic affairs ranging from the BP oil spill to the Egyptian revolution.” Several correspondents have temporarily anchored MSNBC Live since August when its previous host, Contessa Brewer, left.
MSNBC Prepping Weekday Political Talk Show With Alex Wagner
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Fast & Furious' Animated Series Set At Netflix Based On Universal Movies As Deal With DreamWorks Animation TV Expands
Latest TV News
- Martha Stewart Joins ‘Chopped’ As Recurring Judge On Food Network Series
- Gretchen Carlson Inks Deal With A+E Networks For Documentary Specials
- Comedy Central Developing ‘Living The Dream’ From Aaron Karo & Dillon Francis
- ‘The Bridge’ Heads To Asia After Endemol Shine Strikes Deal With SVOD Service Viu
- Verve Launches Publishing Division And Hires Lit Agent Liz Parker To Run It
- Paramount Television Ups David Goldman To President Of Business Operations