If you can imagine a version of The View devoted to politics — with a rotating collection of pundits including many of MSNBC’s usual suspects — then you have an idea of the show that Alex Wagner soon will host in the noon ET time slot now held by MSNBC Live. The news network doesn’t have a name yet for the program that’s due to launch in November. The plan is to announce it next week, although some details spilled last week in a memo obtained by TV Newser. Dana Haller will be the executive producer. The memo from MSNBC Executive Editor Yvette Miley says that Wagner “was most recently a reporter at the Huffington Post, where she covered innovation in the American economy, investigating the intersection of business, politics and new technology. Prior to this, she served as the White House correspondent for Politics Daily, where she chronicled a number of international and domestic affairs ranging from the BP oil spill to the Egyptian revolution.” Several correspondents have temporarily anchored MSNBC Live since August when its previous host, Contessa Brewer, left.
MSNBC Prepping Weekday Political Talk Show With Alex Wagner
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China - International Box Office
Newcomer Katherine Langford On ‘13 Reasons Why’: "It Was The Best First Show I Could Have Ever Done"
Latest TV News
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Pledges Contribution To Activist Labeled “Anti-Muslim Extremist”
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘The Exorcist’: Jason Ensler Joins Fox Drama Series As Executive Producer
- Stephen Colbert Announces Possible White House Run In 2020, On Russian TV
- Steven Williams Joins ‘The Chi’; Alejandro Edda In ‘Cocaine Godmother’
- ‘Downward Dog’ Canceled By ABC After 1 Season, Will Be Shopped To Other Nets