If you can imagine a version of The View devoted to politics — with a rotating collection of pundits including many of MSNBC’s usual suspects — then you have an idea of the show that Alex Wagner soon will host in the noon ET time slot now held by MSNBC Live. The news network doesn’t have a name yet for the program that’s due to launch in November. The plan is to announce it next week, although some details spilled last week in a memo obtained by TV Newser. Dana Haller will be the executive producer. The memo from MSNBC Executive Editor Yvette Miley says that Wagner “was most recently a reporter at the Huffington Post, where she covered innovation in the American economy, investigating the intersection of business, politics and new technology. Prior to this, she served as the White House correspondent for Politics Daily, where she chronicled a number of international and domestic affairs ranging from the BP oil spill to the Egyptian revolution.” Several correspondents have temporarily anchored MSNBC Live since August when its previous host, Contessa Brewer, left.
MSNBC Prepping Weekday Political Talk Show With Alex Wagner
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest TV News
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement
- ‘Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig
- ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Special Ratings Top Feast of Holiday Eve Offerings
- ‘The Four: Battle For Stardom’: Fox Promos Disruptive Singing Competition
- ‘Entourage’ Extra Alleges Jeremy Piven Sexually Assaulted Her In 2009 – Report