EXCLUSIVE: After a rousing response to the New York Film Festival premiere of My Week with Marilyn last Sunday, The Weinstein Company has added the film to this weekend’s Hamptons International Film Festival. My Week With Marilyn will screen Sunday, October 16 at Guild Hall and they are about to put tickets on sale. TWC already has The Artist on the festival roster. The NYFF screening started Oscar buzz, particularly for the performance by Michelle Williams as Marilyn Monroe and Kenneth Branagh’s performance as Sir Laurence Olivier. The film takes place in England during the shooting of The Prince and the Showgirl, which Monroe show while on honeymoon with playwright Arthur Miller (Dougray Scott). She gets a reprieve from her suffocating Hollywood persona when Miller takes a detour to Paris, and Monroe is shown the pleasures of British life by a young assistant (Eddie Redmayne).
More Festival Intrigue: 'My Week With Marilyn' Added To Hamptons Film Festival
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Film News
- Casey Affleck Writes & Stars In ‘Villain’, Directed By Swedish Helmer Mikael Marcimain
- Rebecca Ferguson Set To Star In ‘The Lady And The Panda’ – AFM
- Starz CFO Scott Macdonald To Leave In Reorganization After Sale To Lionsgate
- Josh Stewart & Delroy Lindo Join Michael Winnick’s ‘Malicious’
- Sony Puts Matt Tolmach’s ‘The Bringing’ With Michael Pena Into Turnaround
- STX Entertainment Partners With Toronto Company The Young Astronauts For Digital Content