EXCLUSIVE: After a rousing response to the New York Film Festival premiere of My Week with Marilyn last Sunday, The Weinstein Company has added the film to this weekend’s Hamptons International Film Festival. My Week With Marilyn will screen Sunday, October 16 at Guild Hall and they are about to put tickets on sale. TWC already has The Artist on the festival roster. The NYFF screening started Oscar buzz, particularly for the performance by Michelle Williams as Marilyn Monroe and Kenneth Branagh’s performance as Sir Laurence Olivier. The film takes place in England during the shooting of The Prince and the Showgirl, which Monroe show while on honeymoon with playwright Arthur Miller (Dougray Scott). She gets a reprieve from her suffocating Hollywood persona when Miller takes a detour to Paris, and Monroe is shown the pleasures of British life by a young assistant (Eddie Redmayne).
More Festival Intrigue: 'My Week With Marilyn' Added To Hamptons Film Festival
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
James Corden On The Fruits Of 'Carpool Karaoke', The Internet And Those Emmy Nominations - AwardsLine
'House of Cards' Actor Mahershala Ali On His Departure From The Series And Netflix's Upcoming 'Luke Cage'
Latest Film News
- ‘Don’t Breathe’ $22M+ Opening Is An August Record For Screen Gems – Late Night Update
- ‘Hands Of Stone’ Review: Roberto Duran Boxing Biopic Takes Too Many Swings
- Ty Burrell Latest To Join ‘Rock That Body’
- Edward Snowden To Appear Via Satellite In U.S. Theaters Ahead Of ‘Snowden’ Opening
- ‘Complete Unknown’ Clip: “Your Farsi Is Getting Much Better”
- Viacom Board Voices Confidence In Paramount’s Brad Grey After Thursday Grilling By Board