Melissa McCarthy’s hot streak continues as the new “It” girl helped Saturday Night Live beat the second-week slump. Last night’s edition of NBC’s late-night show, hosted by McCarthy with musical guest Lady Antebellum, drew a 5.2 rating/13 share in metered-market households. That was up 4% from SNL‘s season premiere last week (5.0/13), which marked Alec Baldwin’s record 16th turn as host. (That rating was later adjusted up to a 5.1, giving McCarthy a 2% edge over Baldwin.) Yesterday’s SNL also was up 8% vs. the same night last year. In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, SNL averaged a 2.7/12 in adults 18-49, up a tenth from last week.
Melissa McCarthy Delivers Strong Ratings For 'Saturday Night Live'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘The Walking Dead’s Lauren Cohan To Return For Season 9
- NBCU Chief Steve Burke On NBC And Universal Pictures: “We Have The Cards”
- Hulu Developing ‘Less Than Zero’ Drama From Craig Wright Based On Bret Easton Ellis Novel
- Comcast Chief Brian Roberts On Sky Bid: “We Don’t Have To Do This”
- Donald Trump Tweet-Attacks “Silent” Press After Arizona Special Election
- KCETLink Rejoins PBS, Agrees To Merge With SoCal Flagship Outlet KOCE