Melissa McCarthy’s hot streak continues as the new “It” girl helped Saturday Night Live beat the second-week slump. Last night’s edition of NBC’s late-night show, hosted by McCarthy with musical guest Lady Antebellum, drew a 5.2 rating/13 share in metered-market households. That was up 4% from SNL‘s season premiere last week (5.0/13), which marked Alec Baldwin’s record 16th turn as host. (That rating was later adjusted up to a 5.1, giving McCarthy a 2% edge over Baldwin.) Yesterday’s SNL also was up 8% vs. the same night last year. In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, SNL averaged a 2.7/12 in adults 18-49, up a tenth from last week.
Melissa McCarthy Delivers Strong Ratings For 'Saturday Night Live'
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Asks Anderson Cooper How Corey Lewandowski Works For CNN While Still Getting Trump Money
Latest TV News
- Paramount TV, Anonymous Content Acquire 9-Year-Old Reporter’s Book Series
- VH1 Taps Ad Industry Veteran Kevin Jordan As Creative Director
- Comedy Central Buys Brothers Comedy Starring Zack Pearlman & Julian Sergi
- ‘Better Things’ Review: Pamela Adlon’s FX Series Will Be One Of Best Things On TV
- CBS Buys Michael Rauch Legal Drama Produced By Jennifer Lopez
- Pete Hammond’s Emmy Handicaps: Here’s Who SHOULD Win