Melissa McCarthy’s hot streak continues as the new “It” girl helped Saturday Night Live beat the second-week slump. Last night’s edition of NBC’s late-night show, hosted by McCarthy with musical guest Lady Antebellum, drew a 5.2 rating/13 share in metered-market households. That was up 4% from SNL‘s season premiere last week (5.0/13), which marked Alec Baldwin’s record 16th turn as host. (That rating was later adjusted up to a 5.1, giving McCarthy a 2% edge over Baldwin.) Yesterday’s SNL also was up 8% vs. the same night last year. In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, SNL averaged a 2.7/12 in adults 18-49, up a tenth from last week.
Melissa McCarthy Delivers Strong Ratings For 'Saturday Night Live'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Martian' Suspended Between $55M-$56M; 'The Walk's Hang-Up In Large Format - Sunday B.O. Postmortem
Latest TV News
- Relativity Bankruptcy: Ryan Kavanaugh Says He Has A Deal To Keep Control Of Everything But TV
- France’s TF1 Boards ‘Hitler’ Event Series From ‘Generation War’ Producers – Mipcom
- Mipcom Cancels Red Carpet Following Deadly Rains, Flood In Cannes
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Up In Season Premiere With Miley Cyrus, Hillary Clinton
- Leslie Jones, Miley Cyrus Out-Orgasm Meg Ryan On ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Crude, Rude “Message From Donald & Melania Trump” Launches Season 41 Of ‘Saturday Night Live’