Melissa McCarthy’s hot streak continues as the new “It” girl helped Saturday Night Live beat the second-week slump. Last night’s edition of NBC’s late-night show, hosted by McCarthy with musical guest Lady Antebellum, drew a 5.2 rating/13 share in metered-market households. That was up 4% from SNL‘s season premiere last week (5.0/13), which marked Alec Baldwin’s record 16th turn as host. (That rating was later adjusted up to a 5.1, giving McCarthy a 2% edge over Baldwin.) Yesterday’s SNL also was up 8% vs. the same night last year. In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, SNL averaged a 2.7/12 in adults 18-49, up a tenth from last week.
Melissa McCarthy Delivers Strong Ratings For 'Saturday Night Live'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- French & Saunders Reteam For BBC Special; ITV On ‘Manhunt’ – Global Briefs
- Sean Penn To Star In Beau Willimon’s ‘The First’ TV Series For Hulu & Channel 4
- Sony Pictures Television Buys Into Simon Pegg & Nick Frost’s Stolen Picture
- Stephen Colbert Doubles Down On Emmy Joke About John Oliver
- ‘Late Show’: Hillary Clinton Calls Putin A Manspreader; Says She’s “Paula Revere”
- Conan O’Brien Visits Jerusalem; Shares Trump’s Peace Plan Which Includes A Hotel Casino & Hummus Fountain