Melissa McCarthy’s hot streak continues as the new “It” girl helped Saturday Night Live beat the second-week slump. Last night’s edition of NBC’s late-night show, hosted by McCarthy with musical guest Lady Antebellum, drew a 5.2 rating/13 share in metered-market households. That was up 4% from SNL‘s season premiere last week (5.0/13), which marked Alec Baldwin’s record 16th turn as host. (That rating was later adjusted up to a 5.1, giving McCarthy a 2% edge over Baldwin.) Yesterday’s SNL also was up 8% vs. the same night last year. In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, SNL averaged a 2.7/12 in adults 18-49, up a tenth from last week.
Melissa McCarthy Delivers Strong Ratings For 'Saturday Night Live'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- So What Happened Last Night In Sweden? Twitter Ponders Donald Trump Mystery
- Sen. John McCain Reassures ‘Meet The Press’ Host “We Need You”; Beltway Programs Swoon
- ‘Gunpowder’: Kit Harington, Mark Gatiss, Liv Tyler & Peter Mullan Light Up BBC Drama
- CAS Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘Game Of Thrones’ Among Winners – Full List
- Donald Trump Mauls Media At Florida Rally
- ‘Shark Tank’ & ‘Hawaii Five-O’ Ratings Down, CBS & ABC Tied For Demo Top Spot