Melissa McCarthy’s hot streak continues as the new “It” girl helped Saturday Night Live beat the second-week slump. Last night’s edition of NBC’s late-night show, hosted by McCarthy with musical guest Lady Antebellum, drew a 5.2 rating/13 share in metered-market households. That was up 4% from SNL‘s season premiere last week (5.0/13), which marked Alec Baldwin’s record 16th turn as host. (That rating was later adjusted up to a 5.1, giving McCarthy a 2% edge over Baldwin.) Yesterday’s SNL also was up 8% vs. the same night last year. In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, SNL averaged a 2.7/12 in adults 18-49, up a tenth from last week.
Melissa McCarthy Delivers Strong Ratings For 'Saturday Night Live'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘NCIS’ Cast & Crew Remember Gary Glasberg: “Our Rock, Our Cheerleader, Our Team Captain”
- Gary Glasberg Dies; 'NCIS' Showrunner Was 50
- NCTA Scraps Annual Cable Trade Show After 65 Years
- ‘The Italian Job’ Drama Series Inspired By Movies Set At NBC From Paramount TV
- ‘Lost In Space’: Molly Parker To Star In Netflix Series Remake
- ‘SNL’: Alec Baldwin Cast As New Donald Trump