EXCLUSIVE: Sixteen years after he co-created and starred in the WB comedy series The Wayans Bros, which ran for five seasons, Marlon Wayans is returning to broadcast TV with another comedy project about brothers, this time at ABC. Wayans will write, executive produce and star in a hybrid single/multi-camera comedy in development at the network that is produced by ABC Studios. The comedy, which has an odd couple/buddy cop comedy feel to it, centers on two brothers, both cops. Having fallen down on his luck, one of them moves in with his brother and his family. Wayans, who will play the married brother, is executive producing with his manager Lisa Blum and longtime producing partner Rick Alvarez of Wayans Bros Entertainment, Wayans’ production company with brothers Keenan Ivory and Shawn. CAA-repped Wayans, who started off working with his bothers on Fox’s sketch show In Living Color, co-wrote and starred in the Wayans clan’s Scary Movie franchise as well as White Chicks and Little Man. He is currently working with Jennifer Pryor and director Bill Condon on the Richard Pryor biopic, to which he is attached to star.
Marlon Wayans To Create And Star In ABC Sibling Cop Comedy
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest TV News
- WGA Contract Talks Coming Down To Wire
- Amazon Near Pickups Of Comedy Pilots From Michael Patrick King, George Saunders & Diarra Kilpatrick
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Casts Raney Branch; Falk Hentschel Joins ‘The Alienist’
- Justice Department Settles Suit Over DirecTV’s Effort To Keep Dodgers Games Dark – Update
- Final Member Of Movie & Music Counterfeiting Ring Sentenced To Prison
- ‘Grace And Frankie’: Marta Kauffman On Season 3, Dolly Parton & Why It’s Great To Be A Woman