EXCLUSIVE: Sixteen years after he co-created and starred in the WB comedy series The Wayans Bros, which ran for five seasons, Marlon Wayans is returning to broadcast TV with another comedy project about brothers, this time at ABC. Wayans will write, executive produce and star in a hybrid single/multi-camera comedy in development at the network that is produced by ABC Studios. The comedy, which has an odd couple/buddy cop comedy feel to it, centers on two brothers, both cops. Having fallen down on his luck, one of them moves in with his brother and his family. Wayans, who will play the married brother, is executive producing with his manager Lisa Blum and longtime producing partner Rick Alvarez of Wayans Bros Entertainment, Wayans’ production company with brothers Keenan Ivory and Shawn. CAA-repped Wayans, who started off working with his bothers on Fox’s sketch show In Living Color, co-wrote and starred in the Wayans clan’s Scary Movie franchise as well as White Chicks and Little Man. He is currently working with Jennifer Pryor and director Bill Condon on the Richard Pryor biopic, to which he is attached to star.
Marlon Wayans To Create And Star In ABC Sibling Cop Comedy
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Latest TV News
- Fox & Twitter Partner On Streaming Initiatives For ‘Empire’, ‘The Mick’, And ‘Ghosted’
- Donald Trump’s “Baseless” Desire To Toss Ex-‘Apprentice’ Hopeful’s Suit Slammed
- Beau Willimon Elected President Of WGA East
- Jamie Lee Curtis To Star In & Produce Funeral Home Comedy In Works At CBS
- ‘Oscar Pistorius: Blade Runner Killer’ Movie Set For Fall Premiere On Lifetime
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Showrunner Erica Shelton Kodish Inks Overall Deal With CBS TV Studios