EXCLUSIVE: Sixteen years after he co-created and starred in the WB comedy series The Wayans Bros, which ran for five seasons, Marlon Wayans is returning to broadcast TV with another comedy project about brothers, this time at ABC. Wayans will write, executive produce and star in a hybrid single/multi-camera comedy in development at the network that is produced by ABC Studios. The comedy, which has an odd couple/buddy cop comedy feel to it, centers on two brothers, both cops. Having fallen down on his luck, one of them moves in with his brother and his family. Wayans, who will play the married brother, is executive producing with his manager Lisa Blum and longtime producing partner Rick Alvarez of Wayans Bros Entertainment, Wayans’ production company with brothers Keenan Ivory and Shawn. CAA-repped Wayans, who started off working with his bothers on Fox’s sketch show In Living Color, co-wrote and starred in the Wayans clan’s Scary Movie franchise as well as White Chicks and Little Man. He is currently working with Jennifer Pryor and director Bill Condon on the Richard Pryor biopic, to which he is attached to star.
Marlon Wayans To Create And Star In ABC Sibling Cop Comedy
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup