EXCLUSIVE: Sixteen years after he co-created and starred in the WB comedy series The Wayans Bros, which ran for five seasons, Marlon Wayans is returning to broadcast TV with another comedy project about brothers, this time at ABC. Wayans will write, executive produce and star in a hybrid single/multi-camera comedy in development at the network that is produced by ABC Studios. The comedy, which has an odd couple/buddy cop comedy feel to it, centers on two brothers, both cops. Having fallen down on his luck, one of them moves in with his brother and his family. Wayans, who will play the married brother, is executive producing with his manager Lisa Blum and longtime producing partner Rick Alvarez of Wayans Bros Entertainment, Wayans’ production company with brothers Keenan Ivory and Shawn. CAA-repped Wayans, who started off working with his bothers on Fox’s sketch show In Living Color, co-wrote and starred in the Wayans clan’s Scary Movie franchise as well as White Chicks and Little Man. He is currently working with Jennifer Pryor and director Bill Condon on the Richard Pryor biopic, to which he is attached to star.
Marlon Wayans To Create And Star In ABC Sibling Cop Comedy
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Golden Globes Nominations: 'The Shape Of Water' & 'The Post' Tops In Film, 'Big Little Lies' Leads TV
Latest TV News
- ‘Twin Peaks’: Kyle MacLachlan Responds To Landing Golden Globe Nomination 26 Years After Winning For…
- Fareed Zakaria To Conan: Donald Trump Has Taken Over Media
- Jimmy Kimmel And Billy Blast Congress For Holding CHIP Hostage In Bid To Seal Billionaire Tax Cuts
- Stephen Colbert To Would-Be Times Square Bomber: “Seriously?”
- Netflix Inks Int’l Distribution Deal For NBC's 'Good Girls': Inside New Model That Partners the SVOD Giant With…
- Steve Edwards Out At ‘Good Day LA’ After 20-Plus Years