Magnolia Pictures has landed U.S. rights to the Michael Cuesta-directed drama Roadie, which stars Ron Eldard as a longtime Blue Oyster Cult roadie who is fired and returns home to Queens, where he has a wild encounter with a pair of old high school buddies. Bobby Cannavale, Jill Hennessy and Lois Smith co-star. The film is written by Gerald Cuesta and Michael Cuesta, and produced by Mike Downey and Sirad Balducci. Magnolia will release the film through its Ultra VOD program; it will be available on those platforms beginning December 2 and be released theatrically on January 6, 2012. Magnolia’s Dori Begley and Chris Matson negotiated the deal with Preferred Content’s Kevin Iwashina and Christine D’Souza and WME’s Graham Taylor repping the filmmakers.
Magnolia Pictures Acquires 'Roadie'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Binge Watching Linked To Depression, Loneliness – Study
- Eddie Murphy Says He’ll Be On ‘Saturday Night Live’ Anniversary Show
- Faith-Based Family Drama ‘War Room’ Set For August Premiere
- Eclipse Television Taps Veteran Reality Exec Sergio Alfaro As CEO
- Rachael Taylor Joins Marvel’s ‘Jessica Jones’ Netflix Series
- Steve Buscemi’s Snickers Super Bowl Ad: Does It Satisfy? – Video