Magnolia Pictures has landed U.S. rights to the Michael Cuesta-directed drama Roadie, which stars Ron Eldard as a longtime Blue Oyster Cult roadie who is fired and returns home to Queens, where he has a wild encounter with a pair of old high school buddies. Bobby Cannavale, Jill Hennessy and Lois Smith co-star. The film is written by Gerald Cuesta and Michael Cuesta, and produced by Mike Downey and Sirad Balducci. Magnolia will release the film through its Ultra VOD program; it will be available on those platforms beginning December 2 and be released theatrically on January 6, 2012. Magnolia’s Dori Begley and Chris Matson negotiated the deal with Preferred Content’s Kevin Iwashina and Christine D’Souza and WME’s Graham Taylor repping the filmmakers.
Magnolia Pictures Acquires 'Roadie'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'