Magnolia Pictures has landed U.S. rights to the Michael Cuesta-directed drama Roadie, which stars Ron Eldard as a longtime Blue Oyster Cult roadie who is fired and returns home to Queens, where he has a wild encounter with a pair of old high school buddies. Bobby Cannavale, Jill Hennessy and Lois Smith co-star. The film is written by Gerald Cuesta and Michael Cuesta, and produced by Mike Downey and Sirad Balducci. Magnolia will release the film through its Ultra VOD program; it will be available on those platforms beginning December 2 and be released theatrically on January 6, 2012. Magnolia’s Dori Begley and Chris Matson negotiated the deal with Preferred Content’s Kevin Iwashina and Christine D’Souza and WME’s Graham Taylor repping the filmmakers.
Magnolia Pictures Acquires 'Roadie'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Hamilton’s Lin-Manuel Miranda Moonlights In A Galaxy Called ‘Star Wars’
- Police Searching For VFX Producer Eric Kohler, Missing Since Last Week
- ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Named Best Film By National Board Of Review; ‘The Martian’ Grabs Three Awards
- ‘The Perfect Guy’ Director David M Rosenthal Perfect For ‘How It Ends’
- DGA To Honor Mary Rae Thewlis & Tom McDermott
- Alan Nierob & Fran Curtis Named Rogers & Cowan Co-Presidents