EXCLUSIVE: The first step to recovery is recognizing you have a problem. Well, Lionsgate has been failing regularly and let’s hope this is the first step on the road to a turnaround. I’ve just learned the studio is bringing in former Disney exec Chris LeRoy as an in-house consultant with the title of Interim President of Distribution. As you know, he was one of the last holdovers from the Dick Cook administration at Walt Disney Studios where he was EVP and General Sales Manager for domestic distribution for almost a decade. Let’s face it: 2011 has been a disaster for Lionsgate which must get ready for 2012 when potential blockbusters like The Hunger Games debut. But as good as LeRoy is, he can’t make miracles if the product stinks.
Lionsgate Hiring Help On Distribution Side
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest Film News
- ‘Billions’ Actor David Costabile To Play Doc McGhee In ‘The Dirt’
- Arnon Milchan & Regency Countersued For Fraud Over Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’
- ‘Scandal’s Darby Stanchfield & Daisy Prescott Cast In ‘Justine’
- Tiffany Haddish Will Give Voice To ‘Lego Movie’ Sequel Character
- ‘Hunter Killer,’ Starring Gerard Butler & Gary Oldman, Pegged For October Release
- Female Directors Scorecard: Sony’s ‘Barbie,’ ‘Charlie’s Angels’ And More