EXCLUSIVE: The first step to recovery is recognizing you have a problem. Well, Lionsgate has been failing regularly and let’s hope this is the first step on the road to a turnaround. I’ve just learned the studio is bringing in former Disney exec Chris LeRoy as an in-house consultant with the title of Interim President of Distribution. As you know, he was one of the last holdovers from the Dick Cook administration at Walt Disney Studios where he was EVP and General Sales Manager for domestic distribution for almost a decade. Let’s face it: 2011 has been a disaster for Lionsgate which must get ready for 2012 when potential blockbusters like The Hunger Games debut. But as good as LeRoy is, he can’t make miracles if the product stinks.
Lionsgate Hiring Help On Distribution Side
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine's Show Only Because He Is Fan, "Plain And Simple"
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Latest Film News
- No. 10 ‘Suicide Squad’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- Lionsgate Teams With Roadside For Jake Gyllenhaal Boston Marathon Bombing Drama ‘Stronger’; September Bow Planned
- WGA Members Still Paying For Last Strike
- More Films Are Now Released Than Rated: Just A Blip, Or Digital Disruption?
- Bart & Fleming: Johnny Depp, Natalie Portman Drive Tempting Packages As Strike Talk Looms
- George Lucas Family Foundation Donates An Additional $10M To USC In Support of Student Diversity