EXCLUSIVE: Lily Collins has been cast opposite Julianne Moore, Greg Kinnear, Nathan Lane and Michael Angarano in the indie comedy The English Teacher, which Artina Films is producing. In addition, Canada’s Media House Capital has come aboard as co-financier on the film, which marks the feature directorial debut of Craig Zisk (The Big C, Nurse Jackie, Weeds). Artina’s Naomi Despres, Robert Salerno and Matthew Chausse of Artina are producing alongside Ben LeClair; Ron Curtis and Media House’s Aaron Gilbert are exec producing. The movie begins shooting this week in New York. It centers on a beloved high school English teacher (Moore) whose repressed personal life is in contrast to the passion she brings to the classroom. After her former star pupil returns to their small town after failing as a playwright in New York, she convinces him to mount his unproduced play at the school, which creates more drama than she’s ever known. Collins, who is starring in Relativity Media’s untitled Snow White project opposite Julia Roberts and Armie Hammer, will play a popular high schooler who comes into conflict with the teacher. She is repped by CAA and Sloane, Offer, Weber and Dern.
Lily Collins Joins 'English Teacher' Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings