EXCLUSIVE: Lily Collins has been cast opposite Julianne Moore, Greg Kinnear, Nathan Lane and Michael Angarano in the indie comedy The English Teacher, which Artina Films is producing. In addition, Canada’s Media House Capital has come aboard as co-financier on the film, which marks the feature directorial debut of Craig Zisk (The Big C, Nurse Jackie, Weeds). Artina’s Naomi Despres, Robert Salerno and Matthew Chausse of Artina are producing alongside Ben LeClair; Ron Curtis and Media House’s Aaron Gilbert are exec producing. The movie begins shooting this week in New York. It centers on a beloved high school English teacher (Moore) whose repressed personal life is in contrast to the passion she brings to the classroom. After her former star pupil returns to their small town after failing as a playwright in New York, she convinces him to mount his unproduced play at the school, which creates more drama than she’s ever known. Collins, who is starring in Relativity Media’s untitled Snow White project opposite Julia Roberts and Armie Hammer, will play a popular high schooler who comes into conflict with the teacher. She is repped by CAA and Sloane, Offer, Weber and Dern.
Lily Collins Joins 'English Teacher' Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
Barcelona Terrorist Attack: 13 Confirmed Dead, 100+ Hurt After Van Rams Crowd; Two Suspects Arrested - Update
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
'Suits' Spinoff Starring Gina Torres To Be Introduced In 'Suits' Season 7 Finale, Will Be About Chicago Politics
Latest Film News
- Is Bob Iger Fed Up With One Of Disney’s Most Vigorous Wall Street Critics?
- The Orchard Lands ‘Outside In’ & Magnolia Acquires ‘The Gospel According To André’; Both Pics…
- Bart & Fleming: How Bad Was Movie Summer 2017?
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Star Zazie Beetz: “Heart Has Been Breaking” Over Stuntwoman Death
- ‘Lara Croft: Tomb Raider’ Director Simon West To Helm ‘Tsunami LA’
- ‘Star Wars’ Obi-Wan Kenobi Movie In Works With Stephen Daldry In Early Talks To Direct