EXCLUSIVE: On the heels of last year’s Pregnancy Pact, Lifetime has greenlighted another original movie based on a true story involving the issue of teen pregnancy. The Pregnancy Project stars Spy Kids alumna Alexa Vega and is based on the true story of 17-year-old Washington state high-school student Gaby Rodriguez who pretended to be pregnant in an effort to explore conventional stereotypes and the treatment of pregnant teens for a senior year school project. The Pregnancy Project was written by Teena Booth who also co-wrote The Pregnancy Pact and penned the network’s Natalee Holloway films and the upcoming Drew Peterson Story. Norman Buckley (Pretty Little Liars) will direct. Barbara Lieberman and Tom Patricia executive produce. Additionally, Buckley executive produces the ABC Family pilot Bunheads, written/executive produced by Amy Sherman-Palladino. He is repped by Paradigm, which also reps Booth, and Rain Management Group.
Lifetime Greenlights Movie About Fake Teen Pregnancy Starring Alexa Vega
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- MSNBC Clocks Cable’s Largest Weekday Primetime Crowd For First Time In Its History
- Jimmy Fallon Unveils Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s New Music Video
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’: Zach Knighton Set For Major Season 2 Arc On Netflix Comedy
- Sabrina Wind Named TV President Of Jason Reed’s ABC Studios-Based Co.
- Fox News Trades Insults With New York Times Over Coverage Of Botched Plot To Kill ISIS Leader
- ‘Mars’ Season 2: Esai Morales, Roxy Sternberg, Five More Round Out Cast As Production Begins