Kirsten Dunst and Orlando Bloom have joined Clive Owen and Anil Kapoor in Cities, the international thriller being directed by Roger Donaldson. Matthew Metcalfe and Chris Curting are producing. The film is a cautionary tale about greed and ambition that takes place in the exuberant months leading up to the Dow Jones all-time stock market high. Fortunes, both big and small are put at risk as people around the globe gamble that the financial market’s meteoric rise will continue. In New York, a hedge fund manager (Owen) has everything he wants – money, sex and power, but he wants more. In London, a young couple just want to buy their first home, but it seems impossibly out of reach. In Mumbai, a cop fights against corruption between property speculators and his villainous colleague Seth (Kapoor). These stories will all dramatically collide in a world where the fortunes of individuals are interwoven with the lives of others across the globe they have never even met. Dunst and Bloom starred together in Cameron Crowe’s Elizabethtown.
Kirsten Dunst, Orlando Bloom Join Indie Feature 'Cities'
What's Hot on Deadline
20th Century Fox Taps BOOM! Superhero Tale 'Irredeemable'; Adam McKay Helms, Tommy Wirkola Scripting
Latest Film News
- Alicia Vikander Launches Vikarious Productions; Sets First Project ‘Euphoria’ With Eva Green
- 'Star Wars' Han Solo Film: Alden Ehrenreich Lands The Lead In Spinoff
- ‘Being Charlie’ Clip: Director Rob Reiner’s Personal Film Written By His Son
- Helen Hunt Reteams With ‘Soul Surfer’ Helmer For Sports Tale ‘Live Like Line’
- Petition Calling For SAG Pension Plan Audit Nets 1,000 Signatures
- ‘Supergirl’s Melissa Benoist, 2 Others Join Boston Marathon Bombing Film ‘Patriots Day’