E! spared no media dollar in promoting its two-night Kim’s Fairytale Wedding: A Kardashian Event on Sunday and Monday, and it has paid off in ratings gold. The combined shows featuring the marriage of Kim Kardashian and New Jersey Nets forward Kris Humphries drew 10.5 million viewers, ranking as the network’s most-watched event to date. The two-parter also marked E!’s highest-rated telecasts of 2011 in the major demos, including adults 18-49 and women 18-49. Sunday’s Part 1 gave the network its most-watched day in history, averaging more than 1 million viewers total day, and grew E!’s primetime average in the 8-10 PM hour sevenfold. Monday’s finale drew six times the primetime average when it aired from 9-11 PM. Those kinds of numbers served as a major lead-in to fellow E! series Kendra, Dirty Soap and Chelsea Lately, which also garnered record ratings; Kendra (2.7 million viewers) and Chelsea Lately (1.8 million) saw their most-watched episodes ever.
'Kim's Fairytale Wedding' Sets Ratings Records For E!
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Lands 'Outlaw King'; David Mackenzie Directs Chris Pine As Robert The Bruce In Scottish Epic
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Sony Pictures Television Networks Ups Maurizio Vitale To EVP Role
- Scott Baio Responds To Criticism Over Comments On Erin Moran’s Death
- Gretchen Carlson To Publish ‘Be Fierce’, Book About Workplace Sexual Harassment
- DIGA Options Amy Plum’s ‘Dreamfall’ Dark Thriller Novel To Develop As TV Series
- Netflix’s Reed Hastings Made $23.2M In 2016, Up 39.5%
- Steve Harvey’s New Talker Hires Shane Farley As EP; Sets Premiere Date