E! spared no media dollar in promoting its two-night Kim’s Fairytale Wedding: A Kardashian Event on Sunday and Monday, and it has paid off in ratings gold. The combined shows featuring the marriage of Kim Kardashian and New Jersey Nets forward Kris Humphries drew 10.5 million viewers, ranking as the network’s most-watched event to date. The two-parter also marked E!’s highest-rated telecasts of 2011 in the major demos, including adults 18-49 and women 18-49. Sunday’s Part 1 gave the network its most-watched day in history, averaging more than 1 million viewers total day, and grew E!’s primetime average in the 8-10 PM hour sevenfold. Monday’s finale drew six times the primetime average when it aired from 9-11 PM. Those kinds of numbers served as a major lead-in to fellow E! series Kendra, Dirty Soap and Chelsea Lately, which also garnered record ratings; Kendra (2.7 million viewers) and Chelsea Lately (1.8 million) saw their most-watched episodes ever.
'Kim's Fairytale Wedding' Sets Ratings Records For E!
What's Hot on Deadline
Warner Bros Wins Visionary Viral Short 'Sundays' Auction; You Gotta See What $51,000 Can Look Like Onscreen
Latest TV News
- Vince Gilligan Pledges To ‘Honor’ Fans At ‘Better Call Saul’ Panel Screening
- ‘Coach’ Comes Back As 13-Episode NBC Series Starring Craig T. Nelson
- TNT’s Miami Drug-Trade Drama To Be Redeveloped
- Jason Alexander Will Take Over When Larry David Leaves His ‘Fish In The Dark’
- PBS Already Has Talked To Julian Fellowes About Next Masterpiece Drama
- Starz Rises To No. 2 Pay Cable Network In Subscribers