EXCLUSIVE: In what amounts to her most substantial acting role so far, Kim Kardashian has signed on to costar in The Marriage Counselor, the Lionsgate film Tyler Perry will next direct, based on his stage play. Shooting begins October 26 in Atlanta. The film tells the story of Judith, an Ivy League-educated relationship expert who makes her living dispensing marital advice, but is so bored with her own marriage that she breaks her professional code and cheats with a smooth talking client only to realize she has made a huge mistake. Jurnee Smollett plays the marriage counselor and Kardashian will play Ava, a co-worker who gives Judith a big city makeover and new confidence as she struggles with her personal issues. Kardashian previously played roles in the films Deep in the Valley and Disaster Movie.
Kim Kardashian To Co-Star In Tyler Perry's Next Movie 'The Marriage Counselor'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Naomi Watts To Star In Psychological Thriller ‘The Wolf Hour’
- WME Signs ‘Vicious Dogs’ Director Alex Eslam
- IDA Grants $850G To 11 Documentaries; ‘Blue Wall’, ‘Hazing’ Among Picks
- ‘Hangman’ Trailer: Al Pacino Plays Deadly Game With Serial Killer
- Tribeca’s Through Her Lens Selects ‘Suicide By Sunlight’ For Funding
- China Box Office Poised To Hit $8.31B In 2017, Regulator Forecasts