After a long search, E! Entertainment Television has tapped former ABC Studios head of comedy Kevin Plunkett as its first-ever dedicated scripted executive. Plunkett has been named SVP Scripted Programming, overseeing all aspects of E!’s scripted development and reporting to Lisa Berger, President of Entertainment Programming. The hire is part of the strategy of NBCUniversal’s cable maven Bonnie Hammer, who took over E! after the NBC Universal-Comcast merger, to expand the programming of the the channel — known for its celebrity news and reality programs — into scripted territory. E!’s scripted efforts will be “uniquely tailored to appeal to the E! audience,” Berger said. Plunkett exited ABC Studios as part of ABC new topper Paul Lee’s executive overhaul at both the network and studio in June. Plunkett spent 6 1/2 years at ABC Entertainment, most recently as SVP Comedy Development at ABC Studios. Prior to that, he served as Head of Current Comedy Programming at ABC. His resume also includes stints at Paramount Network Television, ABC Family and Disney Channel.
Kevin Plunkett Gets E!'s Scripted Exec Post
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate