After a long search, E! Entertainment Television has tapped former ABC Studios head of comedy Kevin Plunkett as its first-ever dedicated scripted executive. Plunkett has been named SVP Scripted Programming, overseeing all aspects of E!’s scripted development and reporting to Lisa Berger, President of Entertainment Programming. The hire is part of the strategy of NBCUniversal’s cable maven Bonnie Hammer, who took over E! after the NBC Universal-Comcast merger, to expand the programming of the the channel — known for its celebrity news and reality programs — into scripted territory. E!’s scripted efforts will be “uniquely tailored to appeal to the E! audience,” Berger said. Plunkett exited ABC Studios as part of ABC new topper Paul Lee’s executive overhaul at both the network and studio in June. Plunkett spent 6 1/2 years at ABC Entertainment, most recently as SVP Comedy Development at ABC Studios. Prior to that, he served as Head of Current Comedy Programming at ABC. His resume also includes stints at Paramount Network Television, ABC Family and Disney Channel.
Kevin Plunkett Gets E!'s Scripted Exec Post
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over