After a long search, E! Entertainment Television has tapped former ABC Studios head of comedy Kevin Plunkett as its first-ever dedicated scripted executive. Plunkett has been named SVP Scripted Programming, overseeing all aspects of E!’s scripted development and reporting to Lisa Berger, President of Entertainment Programming. The hire is part of the strategy of NBCUniversal’s cable maven Bonnie Hammer, who took over E! after the NBC Universal-Comcast merger, to expand the programming of the the channel — known for its celebrity news and reality programs — into scripted territory. E!’s scripted efforts will be “uniquely tailored to appeal to the E! audience,” Berger said. Plunkett exited ABC Studios as part of ABC new topper Paul Lee’s executive overhaul at both the network and studio in June. Plunkett spent 6 1/2 years at ABC Entertainment, most recently as SVP Comedy Development at ABC Studios. Prior to that, he served as Head of Current Comedy Programming at ABC. His resume also includes stints at Paramount Network Television, ABC Family and Disney Channel.
Kevin Plunkett Gets E!'s Scripted Exec Post
Trending Now on Deadline
'Constantine' Ratings Rise, 'Last Man Standing' Down, 'Shark Tank' Up, 'Blue Bloods' Even; ABC Wins Night In Demo
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates