Keith Carradine has been tapped for a starring role in the TNT Western drama pilot Gateway aka Tin Star. The action/adventure project, executive produced by Bruce C. McKenna and Danny Cannon, received a cast-contingent pilot order in August. Set in the Colorado town of the same name in the 1880s, Gateway tells the story of three brothers who step in to save their town when their sheriff father is murdered, pitting them against a corrupt cattle baron determined to make the town his own. Carradine will play Frank Saar, a tired homesteader, worn down by the hardships of the West, who is thrust into the role of a father figure to the late sheriff’s three sons. Carradine joins Cam Gigandet, who was recently cast as one of the brothers. Warner Horizon is producing the pilot, which will be directed by Cannon from a script by McKenna. Carradine, repped by Innovative and manager Jon Bauer, recently payed a sheriff in the feature Western with a sci-fi twist Cowboys & Aliens.
Keith Carradine To Star In TNT's Western Pilot 'Gateway'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Phantom Of The Opera' Drama Set At ABC With Marc Cherry Producing
- Archie Comics Drama Series 'Riverdale' Set At Fox With Greg Berlanti Producing
- Rebecca Creskoff Joins HBO's 'Silicon Valley' As New Regular
- 'CSI' Order Trimmed: Is This The End?
- Kelly McCreary Upped To Regular On 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Kyle Killen Inks First-Look Deal With Paramount TV