Keith Carradine has been tapped for a starring role in the TNT Western drama pilot Gateway aka Tin Star. The action/adventure project, executive produced by Bruce C. McKenna and Danny Cannon, received a cast-contingent pilot order in August. Set in the Colorado town of the same name in the 1880s, Gateway tells the story of three brothers who step in to save their town when their sheriff father is murdered, pitting them against a corrupt cattle baron determined to make the town his own. Carradine will play Frank Saar, a tired homesteader, worn down by the hardships of the West, who is thrust into the role of a father figure to the late sheriff’s three sons. Carradine joins Cam Gigandet, who was recently cast as one of the brothers. Warner Horizon is producing the pilot, which will be directed by Cannon from a script by McKenna. Carradine, repped by Innovative and manager Jon Bauer, recently payed a sheriff in the feature Western with a sci-fi twist Cowboys & Aliens.
Keith Carradine To Star In TNT's Western Pilot 'Gateway'
What's Hot on Deadline
TV & Film Casting Biz Disrupted: Fox's Decision To Drop Breakdown Services For Casting Networks & Its Fallout
Spirit Award Nominations: 'Call Me By Your Name', 'Lady Bird', 'Get Out', 'The Rider', 'Florida Project' Best Pics
Latest TV News
- Buzz Belmondo Dies: ‘Out Of This World’ Actor & Comic Was 70
- ‘Chicago P.D.’s Jason Beghe Investigated By NBC For “Inappropriate Behavior” Amid Sexual…
- Tig Notaro To Host Artios Awards; Nicole Kidman To Present Award To Kevin Huvane
- Canadian Actors Union Branch President Says She Was Sexually Assaulted Four Times
- ‘Too Old To Die Young’: Billy Baldwin Cast In Nicolas Winding Refn's Amazon Series
- ‘Blue Book’: Michael Harney & Ksenia Solo Join Robert Zemeckis-Produced UFO Series At History