Katie Couric’s upcoming nationally syndicated talk show, Katie, has been cleared in over 60% of the country, according to distributor Disney-ABC Domestic Television. Katie, slated to launch in fall 2012, has been sold in 14 of the top 15 markets. Of course, the backbone of that are the eight ABC owned-and-operated stations, which picked up the show as part of Couric’s deal with Disney/ABC. The eight stations (in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Houston, Raleigh/Durham and Fresno) cover 22.5% of the country, including the top five markets. Additional clearances include stations from broadcast groups Allbritton Communications, Belo Corporation, Cox Media Group, Gannett Broadcasting, Hearst Television, LIN Broadcasting, McGraw-Hill, Scripps Howard Broadcasting and Young Broadcasting. The most recent Katie clearances include WFAA-TV Dallas, WCVB Boston, WSB Atlanta, WJLA Washington DC, WXYZ Detroit, KNXV Phoenix, KING Seattle and WFTS Tampa.
Katie Couric's Syndicated Talk Show Cleared In 60% Of The Country
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest TV News
- ‘Exorcist’ EPs Talk Tonight’s Finale, Possible Season 3 & Disney/Fox Deal
- ‘The Trade’: Morgan Spurlock Dropped As Executive Producer Of Showtime’s Sundance-Bound Docu Series
- Filming On TNT Unscripted Series ‘Who Rules The World’ Suspended As Producers Sever Ties With Morgan Spurlock
- Liz Mahoney, Megan Moss Pachon, Bryna Rifkin & Heidi Lopata Form New PR Shingle Narrative
- ‘Watergate’ Limited Series From George Clooney & Matt Charman In Works At Netflix
- Beware: How Global One Management's Questionable Practices Entangled Politicians, Child Actors And The Homeless