EXCLUSIVE: Jim Carrey is negotiating to star with Steve Carell in Burt Wonderstone, the Don Scardino-directed New Line comedy. Carell plays the title character, a Las Vegas magician who breaks with his longtime stage partner and finds himself upstaged by a rival hip street magician who is stealing his thunder. Carrey is coming off Mr. Popper’s Penguins and I Love You, Philip Morris. The film’s produced by Carell’s Carousel banner. Carrey last made The Number 23 with New Line, but he launched his star there with The Mask and Dumb and Dumber.
Jim Carrey Goes Mano A Mano Opposite Steve Carell In 'Burt Wonderstone'
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah Fracas "Much Ado About Nothing," Millennials Get Him, Says Aasif Mandvi, Quoting 451-Year-Old Playwright
Latest Film News
- Ben Platt Joins Cast Of Ang Lee’s ‘Billy Flynn’s Long Halftime Walk’
- Warner Bros Buys ‘Principia’, Christian Contreras Pitch That David Goyer Will Produce
- Alchemy Acquires Rights To Rob Zombie-Directed ‘31’
- Scribe Jonathan Stokes Sells Novel Series ‘A Thrifty Time Travelers Guide’ To Viking/Penguin
- Random House Signs Oscar Winner Patricia Arquette For Memoir
- Rebecca Ferguson Join Cast Of Stephen Frears’ ‘Florence Foster Jenkins’