EXCLUSIVE: Jim Carrey is negotiating to star with Steve Carell in Burt Wonderstone, the Don Scardino-directed New Line comedy. Carell plays the title character, a Las Vegas magician who breaks with his longtime stage partner and finds himself upstaged by a rival hip street magician who is stealing his thunder. Carrey is coming off Mr. Popper’s Penguins and I Love You, Philip Morris. The film’s produced by Carell’s Carousel banner. Carrey last made The Number 23 with New Line, but he launched his star there with The Mask and Dumb and Dumber.
Jim Carrey Goes Mano A Mano Opposite Steve Carell In 'Burt Wonderstone'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings