EXCLUSIVE: Jim Carrey is negotiating to star with Steve Carell in Burt Wonderstone, the Don Scardino-directed New Line comedy. Carell plays the title character, a Las Vegas magician who breaks with his longtime stage partner and finds himself upstaged by a rival hip street magician who is stealing his thunder. Carrey is coming off Mr. Popper’s Penguins and I Love You, Philip Morris. The film’s produced by Carell’s Carousel banner. Carrey last made The Number 23 with New Line, but he launched his star there with The Mask and Dumb and Dumber.
Jim Carrey Goes Mano A Mano Opposite Steve Carell In 'Burt Wonderstone'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Criminal Minds': Kirsten Vangsness & A.J. Cook In Limbo Over Parity Push As Joe Mantegna & Matthew Gray Gubler Re-Up
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
'Wonder Woman' Promo Features 'Supergirl's Melissa Benoist, Chyler Leigh, Lynda Carter & Teri Hatcher
Latest Film News
- Film Allman Loses Case Against New York Marine Insurer: “No New Info From FBI”
- Youth Revolution On The Croisette As Screen Kids Take Over Cannes
- Damien Chazelle Finds The “Fertile Terrain” Of An Industry In Upheaval – Deadline Disruptors
- Lukas Haas Cast In Steve McQueen’s ‘Widows’
- California's Tax Incentives Losing Battle For Blockbusters
- LA Film Festival Adds ‘The Beguiled’, ‘Annabelle: Creation’ & More Screenings