EXCLUSIVE: Max and Caroline are getting a neighbor. Jennifer Coolidge is joining the cast of CBS’ hot freshman comedy 2 Broke Girls as a recurring. She will play Sophie, a hardworking woman that moves into Max (Kat Dennings) and Caroline’s (Beth Behrs) apartment building in Williamsburg Brooklyn. It is a role that is being created specifically for her. ICM-repped Coolidge, probably best known for her MILF part in the American Pie movie franchise, once guest starred on the HBO comedy Sex And The City, which was run by 2 Broke Girls‘ co-creator/showrunner Michael Patrick King.
Jennifer Coolidge Joins CBS' '2 Broke Girls'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Battling For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series