Comedy actress Jenna Elfman is taking a dramatic turn with a major recurring role on the upcoming fifth and final season of DirecTV’s Damages, starring Glenn Close and Rose Byrne. The former Dharma & Greg star is joining another major new addition to the show, recently cast Ryan Phillippe. Elfman will play an investment bank employee troubled by her company’s conduct. When she approaches Channing McClaren (Phillippe), the iconoclastic founder of a website devoted to corporate and government transparency, it lays the foundation for the case that will pit Patty Hewes (Close) and Ellen Parsons (Byrne) against each other. Also recently cast as a recurring on Damages‘ fifth season, set to air next year, is John Hannah (Spartacus) as McClaren’s loyal adviser and protector. Elfman, repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment, was last seen on the season premiere of Two And A Half Man and in the summer feature comedy Friends With Benefits. She is the latest network TV comedy star to take on a dramatic role on Damages, following Ted Danson, Martin Short and John Goodman.
Jenna Elfman Joins DirecTV's 'Damages'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- #MayPac A Goldmine For HBO/Showtime, But Pirate Feeds Made Out Like Bandits
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip In Return With Host Scarlett Johansson
- Scarjo’s Black Widow Falls For Ultron In Marvelous Parody: ‘SNL’
- ‘Pirated’ Pacquiao-Mayweather Bout Opens ‘SNL’ Return
- Scarlett Johansson Loves To Love, Ya Baby: ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Mayweather-Pacquiao Fight Delayed By Widespread Cable & Satellite Outages – Update