Comedy actress Jenna Elfman is taking a dramatic turn with a major recurring role on the upcoming fifth and final season of DirecTV’s Damages, starring Glenn Close and Rose Byrne. The former Dharma & Greg star is joining another major new addition to the show, recently cast Ryan Phillippe. Elfman will play an investment bank employee troubled by her company’s conduct. When she approaches Channing McClaren (Phillippe), the iconoclastic founder of a website devoted to corporate and government transparency, it lays the foundation for the case that will pit Patty Hewes (Close) and Ellen Parsons (Byrne) against each other. Also recently cast as a recurring on Damages‘ fifth season, set to air next year, is John Hannah (Spartacus) as McClaren’s loyal adviser and protector. Elfman, repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment, was last seen on the season premiere of Two And A Half Man and in the summer feature comedy Friends With Benefits. She is the latest network TV comedy star to take on a dramatic role on Damages, following Ted Danson, Martin Short and John Goodman.
Jenna Elfman Joins DirecTV's 'Damages'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Jones' Parents Unveil New "Safety For Sarah" PSA, Tell Sundance "Never Again, Never Forget" - Video
We Called It: 'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Sells To Fox Searchlight & Indian Paintbrush For Record $12M - Sundance Update
More From Andreeva
- eOne Television CEO John Morayniss Inks New Long-Term Contract
- Katie Holmes Joins Showtime Drama ‘Ray Donovan’
- ‘The Bachelor’, ‘Super Bowl Commercials’, ‘The Originals’ Eye Ratings Highs
- Russian Spy Ring News Blends Into ‘The Americans’ & ‘Allegiance’ Marketing
- ‘Rush Hour’, Greg Garcia’s ‘Super Clyde’, Bill Wrubel Pilot Ordered By CBS
- Chevy Chase-Beverly D'Angelo Comedy, Shondaland Drama Among 4 ABC Pilot Orders