After lengthy negotiations, Oscar winner Chris Cooper has closed his deal to star in HBO’s Noah Baumbach/Scott Rudin drama pilot The Corrections. Cooper and fellow Oscar winner Dianne Wiest will play the leads in the project based on Jonathan Franzen’s book. The award-wining 2001 novel revolves around the troubles of an elderly Midwestern couple (Cooper and Wiest), and their three adult children as they trace their lives from the mid-20th century to “one last Christmas” together near the turn of the millennium. Baumbach and Franzen co-wrote the adaptation, with Baumbach set to direct the pilot. The two are executive producing with Rudin. Cooper, repped by Paradigm and Untitled, will next be seen in The Muppets.
It's Official: Chris Cooper Set To Star In Noah Baumbach's HBO Pilot 'The Corrections'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Adam Rothenberg To Star In ‘L.A. Crime'; Holley Fain Also Cast
- TV Pilot Locations 2015: New York Slips, Los Angeles & Vancouver Rebound
- Meta Golding, Colin Donnell, Monet Mazur Join NBC Pilot ‘Love Is A 4 Letter Word’
- Ray Winstone To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Of Kings And Prophets’
- Jon Dore Cast As Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'