A 20-minute snippet of the Christian Bale-starring The Flowers Of War, China’s official entry into the Best Foreign-Language Film Oscar race, was shown to buyers last month at the Toronto Film Festival. Now comes a trailer for Zhang Yimou’s true-life drama set against the backdrop of the 1937 Nanking Massacre (the film had been titled Heroes Of Nanking). It will be a unique property to market for whoever acquires U.S. rights: The film is about 60% Mandarin-language and 40% English; in this trailer, there are subtitles for both. The film will have its world premiere in Beijing on Dec. 16.
Hot Trailer: 'The Flowers Of War'
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Wonders If Donald Trump Will Be POTUS By Friday After Tuesday's Bonkers Press Conference
Jimmy Fallon Gets Serious In Late-Night Monologue; Delivers Emotional Attack On Trump After Charlottesville
'Deadpool 2' Stunt Crash Victim ID'd As First African-American Female Pro Road Racer; Director & Fox "Deeply Saddened" - Update
Latest Awardsline News
- ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ Emmy Nominations Grow But “Still So Much Work To Be Done,” Host Says
- ‘Big Little Lies’ Music Supervisor Susan Jacobs On Series’ Musical “Color Box” And Working Without…
- ‘Stranger Things’ Casting Director Carmen Cuba On Finding The Child Actors Who Drove The Netflix Series
- ‘This Is Us’: Creator Dan Fogelman & Cast Tease Even More Details About Season 2 – Deadline Emmy Panel
- ‘Genius’ Composer Lorne Balfe Thinks Up Emmy-Nominated Theme: Deadline’s Crew Call Podcast
- Jimmy Fallon Gets Serious In Late-Night Monologue; Delivers Emotional Attack On Trump After Charlottesville