A 20-minute snippet of the Christian Bale-starring The Flowers Of War, China’s official entry into the Best Foreign-Language Film Oscar race, was shown to buyers last month at the Toronto Film Festival. Now comes a trailer for Zhang Yimou’s true-life drama set against the backdrop of the 1937 Nanking Massacre (the film had been titled Heroes Of Nanking). It will be a unique property to market for whoever acquires U.S. rights: The film is about 60% Mandarin-language and 40% English; in this trailer, there are subtitles for both. The film will have its world premiere in Beijing on Dec. 16.
Hot Trailer: 'The Flowers Of War'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Awardsline News
- ASC Awards: ‘Blade Runner 2049’ Wins For Theatrical, 'The Crown' Tops TV — Complete Winners List
- Humanitas Prize Winners Include ‘Mudbound’, ‘The Post’ & ‘Lady Bird’
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Contenders Gird For Final Battle; ‘Get Out’s Awards A-Peele; James Ivory To Set…
- ‘Three Billboards’, ‘Maudie’, ‘Game Of Thrones’ Lead Irish Film And Drama Awards; ‘Michael Inside…
- Obstacles & Triumphs Of 9 Best Picture Nominees Vying To Close 90th Oscars
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele & Daniel Kaluuya Reveal The Careful Chemistry Behind Most Combustible Best…