A 20-minute snippet of the Christian Bale-starring The Flowers Of War, China’s official entry into the Best Foreign-Language Film Oscar race, was shown to buyers last month at the Toronto Film Festival. Now comes a trailer for Zhang Yimou’s true-life drama set against the backdrop of the 1937 Nanking Massacre (the film had been titled Heroes Of Nanking). It will be a unique property to market for whoever acquires U.S. rights: The film is about 60% Mandarin-language and 40% English; in this trailer, there are subtitles for both. The film will have its world premiere in Beijing on Dec. 16.
Hot Trailer: 'The Flowers Of War'
What's Hot on Deadline
Tom Rothman Takes A Shot At Netflix As He Reveals The "New Sony"; Plus 'Spiderman' Interview - CinemaCon
Sony CinemaCon Presentation: 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', 'Blade Runner 2049', 'Dark Tower', 'Emoji Movie' & More - Live
Latest Awardsline News
- ‘Planet Earth II’, ‘The Crown’, ‘Night Manager’ Lead BAFTA TV Craft Award Nominations…
- Tom Rothman Takes A Shot At Netflix As He Reveals The “New Sony”; Plus ‘Spiderman’ Interview…
- Patricia Arquette To Be Honored At The 2017 GLAAD Media Awards, Will Pay Tribute To Sister Alexis Arquette
- James Corden On The Game He’d Like To Have President Donald Trump Play — PaleyFest
- 2017 Daytime Emmy Nominations: CBS Leads Networks With 70 Noms, ‘Young & Restless’ Tops With 25
- At Hollywood’s Film Academy, Debt Is Up, Revenue Down & Awards Income About Even