A 20-minute snippet of the Christian Bale-starring The Flowers Of War, China’s official entry into the Best Foreign-Language Film Oscar race, was shown to buyers last month at the Toronto Film Festival. Now comes a trailer for Zhang Yimou’s true-life drama set against the backdrop of the 1937 Nanking Massacre (the film had been titled Heroes Of Nanking). It will be a unique property to market for whoever acquires U.S. rights: The film is about 60% Mandarin-language and 40% English; in this trailer, there are subtitles for both. The film will have its world premiere in Beijing on Dec. 16.
Hot Trailer: 'The Flowers Of War'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Awardsline News
- Oscars: Deadline’s Pete Hammond & Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil On Ever-Changing Awards Landscape With Harvey Out And…
- Director Julie Taymor Gets ‘Mr. Abbott’ Nod From Directors & Choreographers
- ‘Get Out’ Tops IFP Gotham Awards Nominations; ‘Mudbound’ Voted Special Jury Award
- Deadline’s The Contenders At Capacity; Long Waiting List For Award Season Kickoff Event
- ‘Chasing Titles Vol. 1’: Brian Austin Green Plays A Father On The Brink In Drug-Crime Drama – Awardsline…
- Diana Ross To Receive American Music Award For Lifetime Achievement