A 20-minute snippet of the Christian Bale-starring The Flowers Of War, China’s official entry into the Best Foreign-Language Film Oscar race, was shown to buyers last month at the Toronto Film Festival. Now comes a trailer for Zhang Yimou’s true-life drama set against the backdrop of the 1937 Nanking Massacre (the film had been titled Heroes Of Nanking). It will be a unique property to market for whoever acquires U.S. rights: The film is about 60% Mandarin-language and 40% English; in this trailer, there are subtitles for both. The film will have its world premiere in Beijing on Dec. 16.
Hot Trailer: 'The Flowers Of War'
What's Hot on Deadline
Gary Oldman Spent 200 Hours In Make-Up Chair To Become Winston Churchill In 'Darkest Hour' -- CinemaCon
Jennifer Lawrence Becomes A 'Red Sparrow': 20th Century Fox Unveils Intense Spy Trailer At CinemaCon
Latest Awardsline News
- Sports Emmy Nominations Announced: ESPN, Olympics Lead Pack
- Academy Setting Producers Mike De Luca & Jennifer Todd For 90th Oscars Encore
- Academy President Cheryl Boone Isaacs Urges Diversity & Inclusion In Pioneer Of The Year Speech – CinemaCon
- Oscar Academy Keeping PwC Despite Envelope Snafu
- Golden Globes Timetable: Nominations Set For December 11
- Paramount, Disney & STX Show Exhibitors Exactly What They Came To See With Help From Clooney, Damon And The Rock (Again!)…