EXCLUSIVE: In what could be one of the last big bidding wars this pitch season, I hear that 3 networks — ABC, NBC and CBS — are after a multi-camera comedy from Better With You creator/executive producer Shana Goldberg-Meehan, which is toplined by the series’ star JoAnna Garcia. The project, about a woman (Garcia) who moves in with her husband’s family, was formally pitched to the networks today, landing offers right away, but there had been buzz about it for the past couple of weeks. Warner Bros. TV, where Goldberg-Meehan has been based since her days on Friends, is producing. Goldberg-Meehan has history at both ABC and NBC. Her family comedy Better With You starring Garcia and Jennifer Finnigan had a seasonlong run on ABC, where Goldberg-Meehan also has done a couple of pilots. And at NBC, she spent 7 seasons on Friends, rising to executive producer/co-showrunner, and co-created spinoff Joey. The strong interest in the project underscores the huge popularity of the comedy genre this development season, which has led to bidding wars over several half-hour pitches.
HOT PROPERTY: Shana Goldberg Comedy Starring JoAnna Garcia Sparks Bidding War
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- BOOM! Studios Inks First Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'
- NBC Cancels 'Working The Engels'
- Fox Buys Sibling Rivalry Comedy From Dana Klein With Put Pilot Commitment
- Showtime Renews 'Ray Donovan' & 'Masters Of Sex' For Third Season