EXCLUSIVE: No hard feelings? Two months after her surprising ouster from CBS’ daytime show The Talk, Holly Robinson Peete is returning to the network for her first major post-Talk gig: a multiple-episode arc on CBS’ sophomore comedy Mike & Molly. Robinson Peete has been enjoying an outpouring of support from fans of The Talk following CBS’ August decision not to pick up her and fellow co-host Leah Remini’s options for Season 2, and there has been a lot of curiosity about what the actress would do next. Joining a CBS series was probably not high on anybody’s guess list. Mike & Molly, from creator Mark Roberts, executive producer Chuck Lorre and Warner Bros TV, stars Billy Gardell as overweight police officer Mike and Melissa McCarthy as his plus-size schoolteacher girlfriend Molly. Robinson Peete will play a love interest for Mike’s partner Carl (Reno Wilson), who lives with grandmother and has been struggling with women. This marks Robinson Peete’s return to multi-camera comedy genre where she she has starred in a number of series, including the Warner Bros TV-produced Like Family. The actress, repped by Innovative and manager John Ferriter, also has a cameo in the upcoming 21 Jump Street movie, reprising her role from the Fox series.
Holly Robinson Peete Books First Gig Since Leaving 'The Talk': Arc On CBS Comedy 'Mike & Molly'
What's Hot on Deadline
Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Juri & Charlie Hunnam Join Aaron Taylor-Johnson In 'A Million Little Pieces'
FX Acquires 'Jumanji', 'Transformers', 'Murder On the Orient Express', 'All the Money In the World' & More Movies
Latest TV News
- Sony Pictures Television Sets Up UK-Based Non-Scripted Label Human
- Bradford Dillman Dies: Star Of Broadway, Film And TV Was 87
- Freeform Unveils New Logo & “A Little Forward” Tagline
- ‘Grown-ish’ Renewed For Season 2 By Freeform
- FX Acquires ‘Jumanji’, ‘Transformers’, ‘Murder On the Orient Express’, ‘All the Money In the World’ & More…
- Super Bowl Ad Rates Have Soared 87% In 10 Years Even With More Clutter: Study