EXCLUSIVE: No hard feelings? Two months after her surprising ouster from CBS’ daytime show The Talk, Holly Robinson Peete is returning to the network for her first major post-Talk gig: a multiple-episode arc on CBS’ sophomore comedy Mike & Molly. Robinson Peete has been enjoying an outpouring of support from fans of The Talk following CBS’ August decision not to pick up her and fellow co-host Leah Remini’s options for Season 2, and there has been a lot of curiosity about what the actress would do next. Joining a CBS series was probably not high on anybody’s guess list. Mike & Molly, from creator Mark Roberts, executive producer Chuck Lorre and Warner Bros TV, stars Billy Gardell as overweight police officer Mike and Melissa McCarthy as his plus-size schoolteacher girlfriend Molly. Robinson Peete will play a love interest for Mike’s partner Carl (Reno Wilson), who lives with grandmother and has been struggling with women. This marks Robinson Peete’s return to multi-camera comedy genre where she she has starred in a number of series, including the Warner Bros TV-produced Like Family. The actress, repped by Innovative and manager John Ferriter, also has a cameo in the upcoming 21 Jump Street movie, reprising her role from the Fox series.
Holly Robinson Peete Books First Gig Since Leaving 'The Talk': Arc On CBS Comedy 'Mike & Molly'
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
Latest TV News
- TV Writer Survey Circulates In An Effort To Achieve Salary Parity
- 'God Friended Me' Light Procedural From 'Alcatraz' Co-Creators, Berlanti Prods. & Marcos Siega Gets CBS Pilot Order
- SAG Awards Draws 2.7M In TBS-TNT Simulcast
- ‘The Perfectionists’: ‘PLL’ EP Charlie Craig Joins Spinoff Pilot As Co-Showrunner
- ‘The Rookie’: Liz Friedlander To Direct First Episode Of ABC Drama Series
- 'Get Christie Love' Reboot Starring Kylie Bunbury From Courtney Kemp & Vin Diesel Gets Official ABC Pilot Order