EXCLUSIVE: HBO has made a deal to develop the Oscar-nominated comedy The Kids Are All Right as an hour-long series. Lisa Cholodenko, who co-wrote and directed the Focus Features release, will write the pilot script. I’m told that it will continue the adventures of the five main characters. They were the same-sex partners (played in the film by Annette Bening and Julianne Moore), their son and daughter (played by Josh Hutcherson and Mia Wasikowska) and the biological father of the kids/sperm donor who surfaces and tears the family apart (played by Mark Ruffalo in the film). Deals are still being worked out, but Cholodenko will be exec producer alongside the film’s original producers, Antidote Films’ Jeffrey Levy-Hinte, Gilbert Films’ Gary Gilbert and Maven Pictures’ Celine Rattray. Cholodenko is repped by Cinetic.
HBO Turning 'The Kids Are All Right' Into Series Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Pontius Pilate' — Sans Brad Pitt — Headed For Jeff Robinov's Studio 8?
- 'The Interview' Press Tour Canceled This Week For Seth Rogen & James Franco
- CAA Mints Four New Agents
- Cyber-Terrorists Threaten Theatergoers On 'The Interview' – Update
- Tom Hanks Eyes David Eggers' Novel 'The Circle' With James Ponsoldt: Hot Package
- 'Whiplash's J.K. Simmons To Star In 'Kong: Skull Island'