David Seltzer, who recently wrote HBO’s movie Cinema Verite, is back in business with the pay cable network, this time on the series side. HBO has bought an hourlong project from him and HBO Sports commentator Jim Lampley. The untitled drama is about a family dealing with co-dependence and addiction. Seltzer will write and executive produce with Lampley, whose company Atticus has a deal with HBO, as well as Lampley’s manager Michael Price. In addition to the family drama, which was packaged by ICM, Lampley and Price are executive producing HBO’s upcoming unscripted series On Freddie Roach with Peter Berg and Sarah Aubrey.
HBO Developing Family Drama About Addiction From David Seltzer & Jim Lampley
What's Hot on Deadline
Sundance Names Jada Pinkett Smith, Octavia Spencer & Chaz Ebert To Jury; Jason Mantzoukas To Host Awards Show
‘70s Screen Icon Pam Grier Speaks On Sex Harassment & Her Biopic With Jay Pharoah Playing Richard Pryor
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Latest TV News
- Ellen Pompeo On New ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Deal, The Show’s End Game & Legacy And Her Post-‘Grey’s’ Future…
- Former ‘Today’ Co-Host Ann Curry Not Surprised At Matt Lauer’s Ouster
- Ellen Pompeo Inks New 2-Year Deal For ‘Grey’s Anatomy’, Paving Way For Seasons 15 & 16, Adds…
- UK Production Group Argonon Acquires Like A Shot Entertainment & Staffs Up U.S. Division
- ‘Once Upon A Time’ Actress Lana Parrilla Set To Make Directorial Debut For “Chosen” Episode
- ‘The Shannara Chronicles’ Shopped To Other Networks For Season 3