NBC has given struggling sophomore dramedy Harry’s Law an order for six additional scripts. Because the series was a midseason replacement last year, its original second-season order was for 13 episodes. While short of a back episodic order, the script pickup still represents a vote of confidence for Harry’s Law, which has faced an uphill battle in its new Wednesday 9 PM slot this fall. But while its Live+Same Day adults 18-49 rating has been underwhelming, stuck at a 1.2 for the past two weeks, the show received some good news yesterday when it got a 42% lift in Live+7 to a 1.7 demo rating. Additionally, David E. Kelley’s legal dramedy, which seems perfectly suited for Friday night, draws substantial audiences, most recently averaging 8.5 million viewers in Live+SD. (For premiere week, the series’ viewership grew to a 9.8 million viewers after a 30% DVR bump in Live+7.) NBC brass also has been behind the show, most recently running back-to-back repeats of Harry’s Law in primetime this past Saturday.
'Harry's Law' Gets Order For 6 More Scripts
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Details Massacres That Have Not Occurred Since Donald Trump Took Office
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump’s Past Few Years In Office Have Only Been One Month
- Greta Van Susteren To Donald Trump: “Back Off”
- Harold Lloyd Pics To Be Animated; INTV Adds Li Ruigang Keynote – Global Briefs
- ‘Timeless’ Season Finale: Shawn Ryan On Big Twist & Reset For Potential Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ Awaits Renewal Decision By NBC As Season 1 Ends: Is It Out Of Time?