Newmarket Press, which has made its name publishing more than 200 film-related books like screenplays and making-of and movie tie-in titles, has been acquired by HarperCollins. The film and entertainment books will continue to be released under Newmarket’s name, now part of HarperCollins’ It Books imprint, Publishers Weekly reported today. Newmarket founder Esther Margolis is joining It as executive editor. Newmarket’s non-entertainment titles — spanning parenting, health, history, business, psychology and fiction — will be published via the William Morrow Trade Paperbacks imprint, PW said.
HarperCollins Buys Movie Book Imprint Newmarket Press
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Latest Film News
- ‘Glee’ Alum Harry Shum Jr. Joins Sylvester Stallone In ‘Escape Plan 3’
- Beau Willimon Elected President Of WGA East
- Kathrine Narducci Cast In Martin Scorsese’s Crime Drama ‘The Irishman’
- ‘Akira’ Back? ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Helmer Taika Waititi In Talks
- ‘Cook Off!’ Trailer: Melissa McCarthy Comedy Reheated Ten Years Later
- Michael Wright Exiting As Amblin Partners CEO; Steven Spielberg Takes Reins