Newmarket Press, which has made its name publishing more than 200 film-related books like screenplays and making-of and movie tie-in titles, has been acquired by HarperCollins. The film and entertainment books will continue to be released under Newmarket’s name, now part of HarperCollins’ It Books imprint, Publishers Weekly reported today. Newmarket founder Esther Margolis is joining It as executive editor. Newmarket’s non-entertainment titles — spanning parenting, health, history, business, psychology and fiction — will be published via the William Morrow Trade Paperbacks imprint, PW said.
HarperCollins Buys Movie Book Imprint Newmarket Press
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Universal Changes ‘Pitch Perfect 3’ Release Date Again; ‘Girl Trip’ Moves In
- Weinstein Company Blasts Open Road & ‘Little Prince’ Producers Over $35M ‘Playmobil’ Breached Deal
- ‘Rogue One’: Re-Shoots But No Test Screening; Release Date Not Impacted
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?
- Cate Blanchett’s Broadway Debut With Chekhovian ‘The Present’ Sets House & Cast
- WGA West Pencils In $4 Million Surplus For Fiscal 2016