Newmarket Press, which has made its name publishing more than 200 film-related books like screenplays and making-of and movie tie-in titles, has been acquired by HarperCollins. The film and entertainment books will continue to be released under Newmarket’s name, now part of HarperCollins’ It Books imprint, Publishers Weekly reported today. Newmarket founder Esther Margolis is joining It as executive editor. Newmarket’s non-entertainment titles — spanning parenting, health, history, business, psychology and fiction — will be published via the William Morrow Trade Paperbacks imprint, PW said.
HarperCollins Buys Movie Book Imprint Newmarket Press
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?
- ‘Indignation’ Review: Ex-Focus Boss James Schamus’ Directorial Debut Is Exceptional
- Disney Unveils ‘Moana’ Details After Tease At Comic-Con
- Hollywood Has Collected More Than $860M In Foreign Levies
- ‘Soul On Bikes’ About African-American Biker Gang Picked Up For Film Adaptation