EXCLUSIVE: Ellen Pompeo is embarking on a producing career. The Grey’s Anatomy star has launched her own shingle, Calamity Jane, which has sold its first project to ABC. The untitled drama, which has received a script commitment, is being written by Mike Sussman, co-creator of TNT’s upcoming drama series Perception starring Eric McCormack. The drama is partially based on Laura Blumenfeld’s June article in ELLE Magazine about the female agents on the Secretary Of State’s security detail. The TV project will revolve around Diplomatic Security special agents who travel the world protecting American officials on diplomatic missions and will explore the personal and professional challenges these young women and men face while taking on one of the most dangerous jobs in the country. Sussman will write the drama and will executive produce with Pompeo for ABC Studios. Pompeo, who plays the title role on ABC/ABC Studios’ veteran medical drama Grey’s Anatomy, is in the last year of her current contract for the show.
'Grey's' Star Ellen Pompeo Launches Prod. Company, Sells First Project To ABC
What's Hot on Deadline
Relativity Changes Coming Fast Today -- Sports Division Head And Co-Chief Out; Ron Burkle Takes Over
'Fresh Off The Boat' Inches Up As Fox Comedies & 'The Muppets' Drop; The CW Fall Kickoff OK With 'The Flash', 'iZombie'
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Fallon Books John Boehner For ‘Tonight Show’ As Pol Guests Suddenly Sexy
- ‘Red Oaks’ Review: Amazon’s 1985-Set Coming-Of-Age Comedy Is A Grand Slam
- Kevin Corcoran Dies: ‘Old Yeller’ Actor And TV Producer Was 66
- Eva Longoria To Produce Interracial Family Comedy For ABC
- Deborah Barak Promoted To President Of Business Operations At CBS
- Relativity Changes Coming Fast Today — Sports Division Head And Co-Chief Out; Ron Burkle Takes Over