EXCLUSIVE: Ellen Pompeo is embarking on a producing career. The Grey’s Anatomy star has launched her own shingle, Calamity Jane, which has sold its first project to ABC. The untitled drama, which has received a script commitment, is being written by Mike Sussman, co-creator of TNT’s upcoming drama series Perception starring Eric McCormack. The drama is partially based on Laura Blumenfeld’s June article in ELLE Magazine about the female agents on the Secretary Of State’s security detail. The TV project will revolve around Diplomatic Security special agents who travel the world protecting American officials on diplomatic missions and will explore the personal and professional challenges these young women and men face while taking on one of the most dangerous jobs in the country. Sussman will write the drama and will executive produce with Pompeo for ABC Studios. Pompeo, who plays the title role on ABC/ABC Studios’ veteran medical drama Grey’s Anatomy, is in the last year of her current contract for the show.
'Grey's' Star Ellen Pompeo Launches Prod. Company, Sells First Project To ABC
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Andreeva
- 'Friends' Stars Reprise Their Roles On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Family Man Comedy From Bill Wrubel Gets CBS Pilot Production Commitment
- Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama 'Nod' From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive