EXCLUSIVE: Ellen Pompeo is embarking on a producing career. The Grey’s Anatomy star has launched her own shingle, Calamity Jane, which has sold its first project to ABC. The untitled drama, which has received a script commitment, is being written by Mike Sussman, co-creator of TNT’s upcoming drama series Perception starring Eric McCormack. The drama is partially based on Laura Blumenfeld’s June article in ELLE Magazine about the female agents on the Secretary Of State’s security detail. The TV project will revolve around Diplomatic Security special agents who travel the world protecting American officials on diplomatic missions and will explore the personal and professional challenges these young women and men face while taking on one of the most dangerous jobs in the country. Sussman will write the drama and will executive produce with Pompeo for ABC Studios. Pompeo, who plays the title role on ABC/ABC Studios’ veteran medical drama Grey’s Anatomy, is in the last year of her current contract for the show.
'Grey's' Star Ellen Pompeo Launches Prod. Company, Sells First Project To ABC
What's Hot on Deadline
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Latest TV News
- ABC Signs Talent Deal With NBA Pilot Star Blondy Baruti
- Kate Shepherd Named EVP Content At Contend
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- Former MTV Exec Joins CMT As SVP Communications
- ‘Halt And Catch Fire’ Season 2 Review: Series About Dawn Of Digital Era Returns With Way More RAM
- ‘19 Kids And Counting’ Spinoff May Be Spawned As TLC Wades Through Duggar Mess