EXCLUSIVE: Ellen Pompeo is embarking on a producing career. The Grey’s Anatomy star has launched her own shingle, Calamity Jane, which has sold its first project to ABC. The untitled drama, which has received a script commitment, is being written by Mike Sussman, co-creator of TNT’s upcoming drama series Perception starring Eric McCormack. The drama is partially based on Laura Blumenfeld’s June article in ELLE Magazine about the female agents on the Secretary Of State’s security detail. The TV project will revolve around Diplomatic Security special agents who travel the world protecting American officials on diplomatic missions and will explore the personal and professional challenges these young women and men face while taking on one of the most dangerous jobs in the country. Sussman will write the drama and will executive produce with Pompeo for ABC Studios. Pompeo, who plays the title role on ABC/ABC Studios’ veteran medical drama Grey’s Anatomy, is in the last year of her current contract for the show.
'Grey's' Star Ellen Pompeo Launches Prod. Company, Sells First Project To ABC
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
'Jumanji' At $768M WW Intensity & 4th #1 In A Row Overseas; 'Maze Runner: Death Cure' Debuts - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- TV News Fires Up For Noon Budget Vote On Day 3 Of Government Shutdown
- BBC Worldwide Investment; Banff Names Honouree; Sky Vision Closes ‘Britannia’ Sales – Global Briefs
- Caryn Mandabach Prods Developing Kazuo Ishiguro’s ‘When We Were Orphans’
- SAG Awards Analysis: ‘Three Billboards’ Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC’s ‘This Is Us’ Shakes…
- SAG Awards Backstage: Allison Janney Calls #MeToo Movement “Watershed Moment” For Hollywood
- SAG Awards: ‘Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri’ Wins For Film Ensemble – Complete Winners List