EXCLUSIVE: Ellen Pompeo is embarking on a producing career. The Grey’s Anatomy star has launched her own shingle, Calamity Jane, which has sold its first project to ABC. The untitled drama, which has received a script commitment, is being written by Mike Sussman, co-creator of TNT’s upcoming drama series Perception starring Eric McCormack. The drama is partially based on Laura Blumenfeld’s June article in ELLE Magazine about the female agents on the Secretary Of State’s security detail. The TV project will revolve around Diplomatic Security special agents who travel the world protecting American officials on diplomatic missions and will explore the personal and professional challenges these young women and men face while taking on one of the most dangerous jobs in the country. Sussman will write the drama and will executive produce with Pompeo for ABC Studios. Pompeo, who plays the title role on ABC/ABC Studios’ veteran medical drama Grey’s Anatomy, is in the last year of her current contract for the show.
'Grey's' Star Ellen Pompeo Launches Prod. Company, Sells First Project To ABC
What's Hot on Deadline
Pablo Escobar's Brother Urges Netflix To Change 'Narcos' Security Protocol After Death Of Location Manager
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- Senator McCain Congratulates ‘Morning Joe’ For “10 Years Of Fake News”
- CBS Winning Battle For Australia's Ten Network
- ‘Lockwood & Co’: Big Talk Prods To Adapt Spooky YA Detective Series For Television
- Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A “Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment”
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’: How 32-Year-Old Book Became Timely Drama & Toast Of the Emmys
- Fox News Calls New Charles Payne Lawsuit “Shameful”; Accuser Claims Host Raped Her – Update